Learn Environmental Texturing from Leigh!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2013   #1
Learn Environmental Texturing from Leigh!

Leigh Van Der Byl returns with her Environmental Texturing CGWorkshop . Work with her on a provided street-scene model starting from the process of gathering appropriate references, to creating rough concepts, to creating colour, bump, specular and reflection maps. Additionally, you will be taught about fundamental industry standards, such as deciding on appropriate sizes for texture maps, and optimising your work based on shots.

Video content demonstrates the use of Photoshop, but Leigh will be able to help students using other packages like Mari or Bodypaint as well. Starts 22nd April. Enrol now .

Old 03 March 2013   #2
Leigh? Is she the same Leigh who is a moderator here? If so, I feel like an idiot for assuming Leigh was a male.

Old 03 March 2013   #3
You thought I was a man?!

;__;

Old 03 March 2013   #4
Yes I really did! Not being familiar with South African names, I thought Leigh was like Liam, or Lee. Sorry about that.

Old 03 March 2013   #5
Originally Posted by leigh: You thought I was a man?!

;__;

Truth be told, so did I. Sorry.

Maybe it's your avatars or the way you don't take any crap around here gives the impression you are a man.

Old 03 March 2013   #6
But women are the masters (or is that mistresses?) of not taking crap!

Dillster, Leigh is actually a Gaelic name, and is far more common as a female than male name. It means "meadow" and since my surname means "of the axe", my whole name means "meadow of the axe". I always imagine a hazy late afternoon meadow with a gigantic tree stump, hewn in two by a massive axe, its blade now embedded in the ground, bathed in crepuscular rays.

I'm so metal, I'm a living power metal album cover.

Old 03 March 2013   #7
Well Leigh, after all that I think you need to post a picture of yourself as proof.

Old 03 March 2013   #8
Erm! I dont know if your aware Dillster, but you've just stepped into one of the cliches of the internet.

I have questions.

What is the cutoff time for entering the course?

I'm guessing whats learned here can be applied to game asset environments?

Last edited by Calabi : 03 March 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Old 03 March 2013   #9
Originally Posted by Dillster: Well Leigh, after all that I think you need to post a picture of yourself as proof.

Sadly, just about every kid on the internet reinforces the #1 occurrence on the internet: Find out someone is female = ask for a picture of them. How rude.

If you'd just click on the link, you'd see that there's already a very revealing picture of her there.

Old 03 March 2013   #10
Originally Posted by Artbot: Sadly, just about every kid on the internet reinforces the #1 occurrence on the internet: Find out someone is female = ask for a picture of them. How rude.

Never intended to be rude or enter cliches, just having a bit of fun.

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Jeez, some of you need to lighten up. The kid is only 17 so give him a break when he unintentionally slips on a banana skin. I like his overall wit and sense of fun (and those little oddball emoticons he puts in some of his posts), we could do with more of it here IMHO.

Last edited by wildjj : 03 March 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Originally Posted by wildjj: Jeez, some of you need to lighten up. The kid is only 17.......

18 fairly soon.

Old 03 March 2013   #13
Originally Posted by leigh: It means "meadow"...

Then from now on I shall call you Meadow.

Old 03 March 2013   #14
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread