Framestore x Galaxy Audrey Hepburn Commercial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #31
My Dad has a 1971 Jag XJ6, manual with overdrive. I like the wood and leather, much nicer than grey plastic on modern cars. Very high maintenance on the XJ6, points every year and it eats fan belts and oil.

Old 02 February 2013   #32
Originally Posted by Airflow: Well I am currently building one in the Hardcore Modelling Challenge...

Cool, I'll take a look later.

Old 02 February 2013   #33
I 've found this ad in HD (1280*720). You can donwload from HERE.

Old 02 February 2013   #34
Close, but no cigar

Old 02 February 2013   #35
I feel that Bridges in Tron was made slightly to be creepy since he's kind of a virus after all, but it didn't work in my opinion. This however is extremely well done. We are getting real close to putting a CG character in something and nobody realizing it. I'd say in 5 years time it will happen and the CG Holy Grail can be put to rest. Obviously, it's very easy to discredit this work as falling in the uncanny valley mainly because we immediately know it's not real being it's Audrey Hepburn. However, after watching it a few times I gotta admit, this is pretty incredible. The way she slightly moves her lips when looking down, the peach fuzz, and the eyelashes moving up when she grabs the hat.....I must say these guys that worked on this get a big kudos from me. Maybe the only thing is the smile seems a bit odd with the cheeks rounding so perfectly, and they caked on the makeup to avoid the SSS issue for the valley. But hot damn good work. If this had not been a famous actress I'm not sure I would have caught it. I wish it hadn't been done for a chocolate bar to rot out our teeth however. :\

Last edited by MrPositive : 02 February 2013 at 04:41 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #36
Originally Posted by ShinChanPu: I 've found this ad in HD (1280*720). You can donwload from HERE.

No, that's not a true HD version. Some fool has scaled the video 2X.
No extra detail. Compare: streaming version

Why can't people be honest..

Old 02 February 2013   #37
This is just a head/face replacement right?

Right???

P.S.:

VIEWERS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM CAN SEE THIS AD IN BETTER QUALITY

Last edited by CGIPadawan : 02 February 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Old 02 February 2013   #38
Very impressive work, amazing modeling, shading and compositing. The head tilts in the first shot give it away a bit as they feel pose-to-pose and hit some walls but overall I think it's very well done.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 02 February 2013   #39
Amazing! Simply amazing work! But not quite there yet and I think it's the animation which let it down in a couple of shots, she just didn't move the way she should have as a human in a few of those early shots.

Old 02 February 2013   #40
Originally Posted by Ruramuq: No, that's not a true HD version. Some fool has scaled the video 2X.
No extra detail. Compare: streaming version

Why can't people be honest..

Maybe you're right. I thought that the blur was forced to get the old film look. I'll keep searching...

Old 02 February 2013   #41
Not a huge amount of extra info but Scott Eaton has posted about his involvement in the project : http://www.scott-eaton.com/2013/aud...xy-chocolate-ad

Old 02 February 2013   #42
Are people here under the impression that this is fully CGI? This article says it's mostly a body & head double with a face replacement. Sure, it took some work to get the skin rendered and facial features properly modeled, but it's not like it's a full character.

Also, I don't see the big deal about the "ownership" of a famous person's name. Many deceased stars are treated similarly in order to keep their likenesses out of used car commercials or other endeavors attempting to capitalize on their name or image.

Old 03 March 2013   #43
The first thing that I noticed was just how beautifully this ad was shot, that alone was enough to make this ad stand out.

Old 03 March 2013   #44
Originally Posted by Artbot: Are people here under the impression that this is fully CGI? This article says it's mostly a body & head double with a face replacement.
I don't think anyone (except maybe CGIPadawan) is under that impression as that is the article in the first post

Old 03 March 2013   #45
Impressive but this is still my favorite face replacement commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLNn_KngOuY

Thread Closed share thread