Framestore x Galaxy Audrey Hepburn Commercial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #16
That was amazing. One or two slightly weird bits, but I recon only people like us will really notice. Fantastic work. Pitty its just used to sell chocolate, love to see it used in a different context.

Old 02 February 2013   #17
First shot looked a little off but the second time they show her she totally looked real. Amazing job.

Old 02 February 2013   #18
Well, this is highly personal obviously, but now that I've found it on YouTube I must say it most definitely wasn't her IMHO. With a less well-known person they might have pulled it off, as it is undoubtedly impressive, but this is still too deep into the "uncanny valley" (at least to me).

Old 02 February 2013   #19
Unbelivable! I thought you used footage for most of the shots and added a few 3D render here and there! I'm amazed if all of her shot were cg!

Old 02 February 2013   #20
Originally Posted by strangerthings: The UK ad I don't understand at all is this Mattesons one - selling little chicken bits to kids using the guitarist from the 1950's with the tenuous rhyming slang catchphrase "You must be Hank Marvin" ( Starving )

Ugh, I hate that ad. Rhyming slang isn't a great way to sell a product, and their implementation of the concept makes my skin kinda crawl. It's horrid.

I think this new Framestore ad is pretty well done, but then, their commercials department has always managed to deliver good looking results. Interesting to see they've started using Arnold too.

Old 02 February 2013   #21
Although, is anyone else mildly disturbed by the trademarking of Hepburn's name in the article?

Old 02 February 2013   #22
If they choose black & white, probably it would be more perfect, but really well done.

Old 02 February 2013   #23
Originally Posted by Hirazi: Well, this is highly personal obviously, but now that I've found it on YouTube I must say it most definitely wasn't her IMHO. With a less well-known person they might have pulled it off, as it is undoubtedly impressive, but this is still too deep into the "uncanny valley" (at least to me).

I agree. But... I've seen so many of her movies that IMO this really IS her.

Excellent job!

Old 02 February 2013   #24
Originally Posted by Dillster: Did someone here post a great Audrey Hepburn 3D still once upon a time? I kind of remember when I was first interested in CG a couple of years ago and trawling though tons of posts, that someone had an Audrey Hepburn.

yeah, i remember this as well. the audrey back then was more 'breakfast at tiffany's' while the one in the commercial is a younger audrey. i have quite a large audrey collection and from what i can tell, she's mostly spot on. a few times her eyes go a bit odd, but overall amazing job...

Old 02 February 2013   #25
@DSW - And that's where it gets somewhat murky as "the uncanny valley" is all about personal perception... So don't take this as me trying to convince you, just me trying to explain a little better
The real Audrey Hepburn™ had a vibrancy, a liveliness and that's what I am missing here. The virtual Audrey Hepburn™ looks eerily dead in her expression. But again: IMHO...

Old 02 February 2013   #26
Do you have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXQ...player_embedded

Originally Posted by Hirazi: Well, this is highly personal obviously, but now that I've found it on YouTube I must say it most definitely wasn't her IMHO. With a less well-known person they might have pulled it off, as it is undoubtedly impressive, but this is still too deep into the "uncanny valley" (at least to me).

Old 02 February 2013   #27
I'm impressed by the artistry, but these digital doubles always give me the creeps. I must be exceptionally sensitive to the uncanny valley or something. There's two passages, the first shot of her tilting her head back looking out the window in the bus second in the final shot as she reclines in pleasure with the chocolate. What it is about those two that gives me a shudder I can't quite say. The word that comes to mind is "blankness." It's like for just those brief moments, something goes missing and I'm looking at a doll again. It's definitely one of the best double sequences I've ever seen, but still not feeling it.

Old 02 February 2013   #28
Saying if this is realistic would depend on the context of:
How much movement there is in the face, and what kind of cg it is.

It is a good result. Not really different from what we already know.
The face lacks motion, I'm sure this is because it has more changes of looking good with a limited (simplified) movement.

The stupidity of streaming..
Just for fun, I've uploaded the original streaming, youtube one has bad quality:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xvq3x4

Old 02 February 2013   #29
I think it is for me in the creepy "uncanny valley" but at a level that is also able show some good work.
I must say i didn't like some character animation and this has nothing to do with Audrey digital double, it seems nervous and off.

Old 02 February 2013   #30
Technically amazing but unsettling. I kept being reminded of Sean Young in Blade Runner.

Thread Closed share thread