Framestore x Galaxy Audrey Hepburn Commercial

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Framestore x Galaxy Audrey Hepburn Commercial

The Framestore team used Arnold Render to bring back the young Audrey Hepburn for the new Galaxy chocolate TV ad.

02 February 2013
Caught this on TV last night. Very, very good...but not quite right.

02 February 2013
Saw this last night, had no idea it was cg at all, bests Benjamin Button but I guess she wasn't talking so maybe that would of given the game away ?

Awesome work!

www.willelliott.co.uk

Polycount Checker Max script

02 February 2013
Some of the shots are just perfect, some others... not quite... Can't say if it's compositing or else, but amazing overall.

I was wondering how you get the permission to use somebody's likeness like that when I realized through the article that Audrey Hepburn TM is now a trademark? I wonder who owns a trademark on somebody, especially when it was obviously registered years after her death.

Kind of scary precedent...

Imagine in 15 years... : I really dig the latest movie where Bruce Willis TM must save his ex-wife, played by young Audrey Hepburn TM, with a very funny cameo of John Wayne TM as the overprotective father. They couldn' get Harrison Ford TM to play in the movie, because he's owned by another studio.

02 February 2013
Saw this last night and agree with EricM, some shots look flawless but some looked strange.

I think the most jarring are the first shots of her on the bus, it had that uneasy look of Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, but once she turns to smile at the guy through the window she looks perfect.

I must admit it's a little creepy to see a dead actresses name with a TM next to it.

Quote: The team chose to adopt a brand new renderer, Arnold, which had not been used on such a big production in commercials before.
Wait, what?

02 February 2013
Does any body know anyone who worked on this in the modelling dept. Would like to know what references they used.

MY HMC

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by AJ:
I think the most jarring are the first shots of her on the bus, it had that uneasy look of Jeff Bridges in Tron Legacy, but once she turns to smile at the guy through the window she looks perfect.

I must admit, I think it is far,far more convincing than Bridges in Tron. Although, as mentioned, with dialogue and facial animation it would undoubtedly be a different kettle of fish.

To me the eyes were the strangest factor; but only in some shots. In others: perfect. And the skin shader and lighting are beautiful. What an amazing job they've done.

02 February 2013
Really impressive. The only shot where I find her face clearly looking synthetic is the last one. Has anyone found out this video in HD in the internet? Thanks!

Last edited by ShinChanPu : 02 February 2013 at 02:37 PM.

02 February 2013
I think this incredible work. I would really love to have seen her talking also. Adverts like with known characters and actors from the past are great. Old timers who feel bored or alienated by modern adverts should love this approach.

02 February 2013
Did someone here post a great Audrey Hepburn 3D still once upon a time? I kind of remember when I was first interested in CG a couple of years ago and trawling though tons of posts, that someone had an Audrey Hepburn.

02 February 2013
Well I am currently building one in the Hardcore Modelling Challenge...

MY HMC

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by Dillster: Old timers who feel bored or alienated by modern adverts should love this approach.
I don't know, the current 'young' generation are pretty much obsessed with vintage culture and instagramming everything into the 70's

02 February 2013
I haven't been able to view the commercial yet (anyone know of a link not restricted to UK & Ireland?), but from the article the OP links to, the trademark "Audrey Hepburn™" jumped right at me. Haven't we taken trademarking a bit too far?

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by AJ: I don't know, the current 'young' generation are pretty much obsessed with vintage culture and instagramming everything into the 70's

I know, and I meant that the old timers also will like it.

You are right about the young generation liking 70's stuff. I like a lot of cars and bikes from that time. Some of the music too (the eagles, supertramp and others). Don't like the flared trousers or long hair, they can keep that.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by Dillster: I know, and I meant that the old timers also will like it.

You are right about the young generation liking 70's stuff. I like a lot of cars and bikes from that time. Some of the music too (the eagles, supertramp and others). Don't like the flared trousers or long hair, they can keep that.

Ha. Most of the cars ( not sure about bikes ) from the 70's are awful. The worst engineered in anycase. Was pretty hit and miss till the v.late 80's. But do see the point. I wanted 1960's cars - my favourite was a Rover P5b! Gutted I gave it away - they are worth a bomb now.

The UK ad I don't understand at all is this Mattesons one - selling little chicken bits to kids using the guitarist from the 1950's with the tenuous rhyming slang catchphrase "You must be Hank Marvin" ( Starving )

As for this Advert, I just thought she was an overmade up look-a-like. Would be good to see a break down though.

Thread Closed share thread