Adobe slashes prices next day after pressure from Australian government

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by ThE_JacO: .... unless you are willing to consider jacked up prices "because we can" exortion

Yes I do consider jacked up prices extortion but I'm happy to accept the argument of big business that Governments shouldn't intervene in free markets with price legislation if they are willing to forgo Government intervention in free markets with copyright laws.

02 February 2013
Originally Posted by Larrikin: Yes I do consider jacked up prices extortion but I'm happy to accept the argument of big business that Governments shouldn't intervene in free markets with price legislation if they are willing to forgo Government intervention in free markets with copyright laws.

That works both ways. Big music and film corporations have been pressuring governments for years into adopting legislation to cater for the music and film industry. They can't be too surprised when governments also occasionally listen and cater to the demands of their electorates.

02 February 2013
We need government both to enforce copyright laws, and to prevent extortion. We don't vote companies in to protect our rights. We vote governments in to do that. So let them do it.

02 February 2013
Adobe's 'repricing' only affects cloud products. The price of boxed products will remain the same at present; in other words they'll continue to screw everybody outside the US until somebody boots them in the nuts.

02 February 2013
that adobe guy needs to be fired...he's done so much damage to any good reputation Adobe once had in my eyes.

Simply awful way to reply to someone's legitimate question on pricing.

http://www.cresshead.com
youtube channel:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/cresshead

"zero stones - zero crates"

02 February 2013
That youtube link seems to be dead due to copyright claims. Video is here if anyone wants to see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv6CUbFvC2Y.

It's frustrating to watch. He's been briefed (by his PR handlers) to stick to the message (creative cloud, lower pricing and the future) and to answer any other questions by trying to relate them back to the message.

02 February 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread