Weta Digital's Making of – The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey - 3 Videos

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #16
Ok well, then most of my arguments are wrong. and I'm running in circles..

Old 01 January 2013   #17
Originally Posted by Ruramuq: Ok well, then most of my arguments are wrong. and I'm running in circles..

you are right about one thing.

cg meetup ripped videos off latimes, and put their logos on it to get attention. not cool at all.
not just hobbit vids, but avengers, and many more.

bad taste.

EDIT: speaking of bad practice. when i wrote cg meetup as one word on cgtalk, it got filtered. nice way to prevent people of knowing about the competition.....

Old 01 January 2013   #18
Originally Posted by ambient-whisper: you are right about one thing.
cg meetup ripped videos off latimes, and put their logos on it to get attention. not cool at all. not just hobbit vids, but avengers, and many more.
bad taste.
EDIT: speaking of bad practice. when i wrote cg meetup as one word on cgtalk, it got filtered. nice way to prevent people of knowing about the competition.....

@ambient-whisper i would like to answer you question as i started this topic...

First of all its not ripped its part of press release material by Weta digitals/ILM and CG Meetup posted HD Videos which Latimes didn't or any other site yet...

Same with Avengers, If you didn't check then "Making of Hulk Part 2" which yet not released by any other website.. even ILM, but you can find it on CG Meetup

All videos are part of PR= Press Release and Adding logo is all different story i think.....

Last edited by ajitsinghyadav : 01 January 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #19
Quote: only what I read that i can prove with my own experience, not something I hear in a tutorial, video, talk, interview, rigging/animation theory, etc.

That is a very interesting point. But not following your way of thinking does not make necessarily the rest of us wrong ;-)

Old 01 January 2013   #20
@IkerClon.
I acknowledge the possibility of mistakes. My own. And I also expect others to disagree or agree for one or another reason.
For me, this is more like finishing this(actually old) mutual disagreements.

Your post sounds a bit contradictory:
If you believe your ideas are right, wouldn't that mean that opposite ideas are wrong to you?
But if you mean it as a universal kind of truth, then yes, I agree with you.

Old 01 January 2013   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread