Mark Petit, Head of Autodesk's M&E leaves

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #16
Originally Posted by Steve Green: The general problem is that development has peaked for a lot of people - I know from myself and peers that for the most part we could use versions several years old without too much hardship.

While I agree right now thats probably very true, I also think it's too many companies mindset.

If there are lean years, there is no better time to re-tool the product line.

Can you even imagine the creativity and power you'd have if everything absolutely everything was multithreaded and gpu. It'd be like we were all like 1 million times more productive and willing to try stuff out and be even more creative, the feedback would be incredible.

But that probably wont happen, not without the vision and the right leadership. Which is a shame, my money says who ever does that will blow away absolutely everyone, there will be no-competition.

Last edited by cojam : 12 December 2012 at 09:54 AM.

Old 12 December 2012   #17
10 years isn't bad on all tasks...I don't know if it's Mr.Petit only or ADSK Staff who are behind the ADSK Monopoly, but buying Maya and/or Softimage wasn't probably the best things ADSK do...focusing on 3ds max to improve it, debug it, make it stable,...was from my point of view the best thing to do.

I'm stopped using XSI since there was buyed by ADSK...I'm planning to stopping using 3ds max due to too long time bugs fixing waiting...did you realise Pflow still mono threaded ? Why ADSK take decision to suddently stop Reactor and switch to unfinished dynamic tool like Mass FX, too much time for XBR and still not finished,... and customers still continue to pay subscription for Beta/unfinished and no professional softwares. 3ds max today is a pill of garbage and can't work without ext.dev. plug-in in a production...and Maya still ugly bugged.

I probalby don't renew my subscription next year, now it's maybe a new dawn, maybe 2013 annoucing ADSK take lessons from past and start to listens customers...STABILITY, CLEAN SOFTWARE, NO SUITES AT ALL

Tell us that after the crisis is causing the layoffs of 500 people I do not really believe, I believe more in the fact qu'ADSK not selling as well as before, the guests leave the ship and all pretext is good for investors ... a force wanting to believe omnipotent ...

Good Luck M.Petit we hope you for a better futur, and you sure, make you best at ADSK!.

:: CG Instructor - 3D & Realtime :: www.bsm3d.com

Old 12 December 2012   #18
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread