Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
RickToxik
Expert

portfolio
Eric Mc Guire
Canada

I am having so much fun with MASH

One feature that would be awesome to add would be to be able to "instance instanced" systems.. Kind of like Scott said before I guess, but maybe even further.

The idea behind this would be to be able to establish connections between MASH and Maya's dynamic system (forces & fields).

So this is what I'd like to be able to achieve, it's just an idea of course

- create some objects
- create a particle system
- instance the objects with the particles
- Apply fields on the system

then:
- (optionally group particles and instances)
- instance this in MASH so I can MASH the instanced dynamic system

So far, I've been able to do all of the above but not with instanced objects, only particles. It would be totally K*c* a*s to have that possibility in MASH. Like really really sick lol...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
Ekenryd
Bugged
portfolio
Thomas
3d/comp
Stockholm, Sweden

Hm, any chance you could explain what I need in the bin-shelf button to execute the bin function? When I tried copy that code into my custom menu as a button, the menu disappeared, and when I try loading your shelf I get the shelf but there are no buttons on it.

This is the code that I put under a "button" in my script, which I got from your bin shelf button.

Code:
-command "string $sel[];\nstring $nodeName;\n$sel = `ls -sl`;\n\nif (size($sel) > 0) {\n $nodeName = $sel[0];\n}\nelse {\n error \"You need to select a node in the Node Editor or Hypershade.\";\n}\n\nif ((`objectType -isType \"MASH_Distribute\" $nodeName`) || (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Curve\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Delay\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Inherit\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Mute\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Noise\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Orient\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Random\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Spring\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Trig\" $nodeName`)|| (`objectType -isType \"MASH_Visibility\" $nodeName`)) {\n binMASHnode $nodeName;\n}\nelse {\n error \"Please select a valid MASH node in the Node Editor or Hypershade.\";\n}\n\nglobal proc binMASHnode (string $nodeName) {\n \n string $in[] = `listConnections -d 0 -s 1 -c 1 -p 1 ($nodeName+\".inputArray\")`;\n string $out[];\n \n if (`objExists ($nodeName+\".outputArray\")`) {\n $out = `listConnections -d 1 -s 0 -c 1 -p 1 ($nodeName+\".outputArray\")`;\n }\n else {\n $out = `listConnections -d 1 -s 0 -c 1 -p 1 ($nodeName+\".outRotationPP\")`;\n clear($in);\n warning \"Orient node deleted, no reconnections have occured.\";\n }\n \n\n\nif ((size($in)) > 0) {\n\n connectAttr -force $in[1] $out[1];\n \n}\n\nevalDeferred -lp (\"delete \"+$nodeName);\nif( `objExists $nodeName` ) {\nevalDeferred -lp (\"delete \"+$nodeName);\n}\n}\n\n"

I thought it would work but I guess I'm missing something?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
ianwaters
PRO
portfolio
Ian Waters
Animator/ Developer
Mainframe
Manchester, United Kingdom

What version/platform of Maya are you using?

Once the button is created, select a MASH node in the hypershade or node editor and click the button to delete it.

At least that's what is supposed to happen...
Ian

Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #19
Ekenryd
Bugged
portfolio
Thomas
3d/comp
Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwaters
What version/platform of Maya are you using?

Once the button is created, select a MASH node in the hypershade or node editor and click the button to delete it.

At least that's what is supposed to happen...
Ian

linux centOS, maya 2012 sap sp1 x64

Yes, the problem is my shelf is empty :| and as I use a custom written window for all my scripts/plugins (to get away from the limited space/customization of the regular shelves) I was hoping to be able to create a custom button for mash binning, but when I copy the bin command from the mash shelf mel file to a button in my custom window script it doesn't work and I was wondering if its the correct way to do it. Or if maybe there is a short procedure one can call for the bin operation, like "mashBin;" or something.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
ximage
War Time
Daniel Sweeney
Freelance 3D modeller/Generalist
Leeds, United Kingdom

looks pretty cool.

seems mograph is being replicated in alot of packages, reminds me of this set of tool released for softimage ice.

http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/mtools/

. never really got in to maya but ICE inside softimage pretty impressive.

good work though.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
ianwaters
PRO
portfolio
Ian Waters
Animator/ Developer
Mainframe
Manchester, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekenryd
linux centOS, maya 2012 sap sp1 x64

Yes, the problem is my shelf is empty :| and as I use a custom written window for all my scripts/plugins (to get away from the limited space/customization of the regular shelves) I was hoping to be able to create a custom button for mash binning, but when I copy the bin command from the mash shelf mel file to a button in my custom window script it doesn't work.

Hmmm, I don't know what's wrong here, and I don't have access to a Linux machine. I'll add such a procedure in the next release though so you can just type mashBin or something like that.

In the meantime, to bin a node, delete its connections, then delete the node.
Best,
Ian

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #22
Ekenryd
Bugged
portfolio
Thomas
3d/comp
Stockholm, Sweden

Okay, thanks for the support

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #23
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread