Pulldownit 2.0 released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Pulldownit 2.0 released, the more CG destruction more fun!

Pulldownit 2 comes with more shatter styles, easier little debris generation on fracture, improved UI and
many more. See Technical reel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf4Y3aekmI0&feature=plcp

New Jagginess deformer allows to modify the surface of the fragments, converting flat geometry into rough
faces and twisted edges, getting a high-realistic look for stucco, stone or concrete materials.

New features demo for Maya:
https://vimeo.com/50945256

New features demo for 3D MAX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJzL7mOgcWA&feature=plcp

Hope you like this new release, we have made a great effort to get it ready,

www.pulldownit.com

cheers!

Last edited by DynamicBoy : 10 October 2012 at 06:07 PM. Reason: new title,

10 October 2012
Thumbs up

Hey Carlos, the new features look really great!

10 October 2012
Looks great. Good luck with it!

10 October 2012
thanks guys, you can play with free version to taste the power of this release, nice to hear from you Jesus.

10 October 2012
I think you missed a site link or at least a download link.

Also, is there a linux installer? I only see a floating license installer for linux.
If not, can we bake the solves for export? How about alembic?

Just trying to see how I could use it with Rman.
I'm actually starting a project that's dynamics heavy and this looks very interesting.

Last edited by leif3d : 10 October 2012 at 04:53 PM.

10 October 2012
I have added the link to pulldownit site to the news, thanks for your suggestion.

There is a maya linux demo version on the dowload page, you have to follow docs/installMayaLinux.txt to get it working.

Pulldownit is fully integrated with Maya, after baking keys click on export alembic menu and thats all.

Same for renderMan, once you have baked keys, clean pdi data and you get a standard maya scene that you can transfern, render, ans so on.

10 October 2012
Thanks so much for the info.

10 October 2012
The new features look great! I really like the added detail for the interior faces and the ability to do so after the fact. Very nice!

10 October 2012
Hi James, how you going at DD? congratulations for your new job, adding jagginess after computing is quite time-saving and in this way you can play with it freely, but you can add it also in advance, whatever you prefer. New local shattering is also amazing to generate little debris on destruction, just try it and let me know your feelings, Im interesting on it.

10 October 2012
Looks awesome! Wish it was being released for Cinema 4D too .

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by DynamicBoy: Hi James, how you going at DD? congratulations for your new job, adding jagginess after computing is quite time-saving and in this way you can play with it freely, but you can add it also in advance, whatever you prefer. New local shattering is also amazing to generate little debris on destruction, just try it and let me know your feelings, Im interesting on it.

Hi Carlos, things are going well thanks for the kind words! I'll need to download the latest version for 2013 this weekend and give it a go. I'll let you know what I think! I'm really interested in the wood splinters and also the localized destruction, I was kind of doing that in the last version by hand by re-shattering of pieces so this will be a huge time saver to add quick detail! Keep up the awesome work!

10 October 2012
Glad to see the new features

We use pulldownit here at CBS Digital and is a quick way of getting a lot of good effects done. Good luck. - Jim

10 October 2012
Hi Jim, thanks for the kind words, I remember you did a kind of Tron legacy teaser using Pdi with lots of fragments, is possible to see it somewhere?

thanks for your kind words, good luck for you aswell

10 October 2012
Hey DBoy =]
looks promising especially localShatter is a great improvment for detailing.
is there a way to make localization some kind of interactively ?

...so we can bind the localizer on to other objects ?

for example one can use particles shooting on a wall. Where the particles hit
there should be more detailed destruction.. if we can connect that localizer
to particlePosition one can test and watch where localization happens.
As it looks on the Videos - we have to cache the sim, check where interaction
happens and set local shattering for that areas.. ?!

10 October 2012
That is an interesting sugestion Heavy, we will study to implement something like this, at this moment the tipical workflow with Pdi is you animate and object to impact the structure and then you move the pivot of the structure towards the impact area to create more fragments in this area using local shatter, after that you can reshatter the structure in other areas if you want more impacts or whatever

Thread Closed share thread