I am happy to announce the release of a brand new addon:
Feature list of emTopolizer:
- high speed geometry caching
Reads and writes polygon meshes via a single ICE compound preset or via the "Geometry Reader/Writer" operators.
Currently supported formats:
- .mzd (native format, compatible with emPoylgonizer v.4).
- .emp2 (native format, compatible with Softimage's built-in Polygonizer and version 2, 3 and 4 of emPoylgonizer).
- .obj (Wavefront's ASCII format, compatible with all 3D packages).
- .bin (RealFlow's binary geometry format, compatible with Maya and 3ds Max).
- high performance polygonizer within ICE
The brand new multithreaded meshing core with a new memory management (ridiculously small memory usage whatever you are meshing).
- UVW Engineer
A highly versatile texture coordinate creation tool designed to create UVs for geometry sequences with changing topology, typically meshed liquid simulations coming either directly from polygonizer or from a cached geometry file sequence (e.g. RealFlow meshes).
- Vertex Islands / Polygon Islands
Access to vertex/polygon island data in linear time. Combine this with the "Vertex Island" tool of the freeware addon emTools to animate and control vertex islands via an ordinary point cloud.
Apply some thickness to a polygon mesh, no matter how heavy.
Disconnect and extrude the polygons whilst preserving the UVs, normals and vertex colors.
- The "Geometry Free Reader"
A free geometry reader compound, good when throwing some scenes onto the farm that use cached geometry.
- Many further little high speed goodies
Fix non-manifold edges, quadrangule, apply a special liquid mesh smoothing, sort vertices and polygons, blur normals, blur UVs, blur colors, close holes in a mesh, etc.
but there are four tutorial videos in which I demonstrate what the new
tool can do and how it works.
Tutorial 01 - Walk Through
Tutorial 02 - A closer look at the demo scenes
Tutorial 03 - Vertex Islands
Tutorial 04 - The Geometry Reader and Writer