Turbsmooth Pro released

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2012
Turbsmooth Pro released

No more annoying support loops

TurboSmooth Pro is a modifier plugin for 3ds Max which produces nice smooth semi-sharp creases on your models, unlike the ugly creases that the standard TurboSmooth produces. TurboSmooth Pro also give you the ability to have linear UVs which in some cases can help in the texturing pipeline.

More here http://www.mariussilaghi.com/products/turbosmooth-pro

09 September 2012
Nice! That looks incredibly useful.

09 September 2012
This man can do what Autodesk has not done in years, Quad Chamfer, Reversion Subdivision, Morpher tension, shape, radial symmetry, Jiggle, Pro Turbosmooth, are just a few examples.
Autodesk gifted us the egg shaped spline instead.
Sorry for my complains, This guy is awesome (http://www.mariussilaghi.com), pretty good tools for 3ds max.

09 September 2012
Great tool great price! Again!

09 September 2012
Great plugin! Can you add "Adaptive Subdivision" support based on camera distance? (more of like vertex based soft selection, further the mesh/planes from camera less subdivision requires). It will be really helpful to create large ocean and landscape creation where less polys are needed on horizone.

09 September 2012
Is this related with 'opensubdiv' ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3L...w&feature=g-u-u

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by jigu: Great plugin! Can you add "Adaptive Subdivision" support based on camera distance? (more of like vertex based soft selection, further the mesh/planes from camera less subdivision requires). It will be really helpful to create large ocean and landscape creation where less polys are needed on horizone.

I have been thinking about this too. It is possible. If anybody would want this feature please speak up. I will see what I can do about it and future release

Originally Posted by sandykoufax: Is this related with 'opensubdiv' ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-3L...w&feature=g-u-u

Yes it is. I had to make my own implementation for max, now that Pixar did let go of the patents on semi-sharp creases.

09 September 2012
You're amazing Marius!! These tools of yours should be inside Max already for years!! Wish you keep the great work for years to come!

A related question - does this plugin makes modeling with supporting edge loops completely obsolete?

09 September 2012
Imagine Autodesk would exchange the whole "dev team" (I still doubt they actually have a dev team, I believe they outsource everything) with this guy.
I don't dare to imagine how much money they generate with subscription and new purchases.
Let's say, millions.
Anyway, you take a single guy adding a few new modifiers per year and 3ds max would improve at a faster rate than it does now.
Ok, take a second guy for viewport enhancements coding.
I really don't get it where all the money is going and what the supposedly thousands of people at Autodesk are actually doing.

09 September 2012
Is it possible to have a value for the fillet?

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by davius: You're amazing Marius!! These tools of yours should be inside Max already for years!! Wish you keep the great work for years to come!

A related question - does this plugin makes modeling with supporting edge loops completely obsolete?

It can, but it is choice of what method you prefer.

Originally Posted by Bullit: Is it possible to have a value for the fillet?

You can modify the creasing value for each edge.

10 October 2012
How about adding a feature where the higher the crease setting the color of the edge changes?

I always find it awkward when using subdivs, because there is this "magic layer" that creases geometry that has no real gui representation. Having a color gradient show it would be awesome.

10 October 2012
Could you add a new video or screenshot showing what this would look like on a texture mapped model? I would like to see what kind of distortion we can see in an objects bitmaps as you adjust crease values.

Also, I would like to second the amazement in this thread that this guy hasn't been hired by AD yet. Just unreal what you are doing for modeling in Max.

10 October 2012
Originally Posted by Blazer: How about adding a feature where the higher the crease setting the color of the edge changes?

I always find it awkward when using subdivs, because there is this "magic layer" that creases geometry that has no real gui representation. Having a color gradient show it would be awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will see what I can do.

Originally Posted by Decency: Could you add a new video or screenshot showing what this would look like on a texture mapped model? I would like to see what kind of distortion we can see in an objects bitmaps as you adjust crease values.

Also, I would like to second the amazement in this thread that this guy hasn't been hired by AD yet. Just unreal what you are doing for modeling in Max.
There is little to no distortion in my opinion.
See the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fK5b6olDa0

10 October 2012
Unbelieveable. Looks gorgeous. This is so useful for rounding off hard objects, and with minimal UV impact. Total game-changer for modeling.

Thread Closed share thread