The world's first sculpting app for the particle :)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #16
Originally Posted by oktawu: It intrigues me though that neither autodesk nor side effects have ever considered adding such a feature to their fx toolset. It is a phenomenal idea.

From what I can tell from the videos you can relatively easily implement this in Houdini by yourself, and I suspect some users do. Clever as it looks I'm not sure how useful it actually is apart from making motion graphics. For example, pushing particles around like this on a big scale is almost certain to look wrong and unphysical in many situations. Usually the way to fix the look of a particle sim is lower level, and you have to mess about with the underlying model of emission and behavior.

Old 09 September 2012   #17
That's a very good point actually.
I'm sure it can be implemented into the current apps (i think i've seen an ice compound that did something similar), but the problem is, as an artist, building a system from scratch in the current applications is very difficult. So an artist friendly solution like this is quite useful.
And i'm sure it is definitely not suited for doing physically accurate particle sims with it.
But i can't even count the times i wish i had a tool that i could use to soft select parts of my particle sim and just move them a little bit over time. Or just erase specific stray particles from a sim.
I tend to think of this tool as a particle corrective shape tool.
And wouldn't hurt to have somethins similar out of the box in the current apps.

Last edited by oktawu : 09 September 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #18
LightWavers don't get a video? :( Oh well, looks pretty cool anyway!
Sculpt first, Polygons later

Old 09 September 2012   #19
Originally Posted by Mic_Ma: From what I can tell from the videos you can relatively easily implement this in Houdini by yourself, and I suspect some users do. Clever as it looks I'm not sure how useful it actually is apart from making motion graphics. For example, pushing particles around like this on a big scale is almost certain to look wrong and unphysical in many situations. Usually the way to fix the look of a particle sim is lower level, and you have to mess about with the underlying model of emission and behavior.

well for realflow works for cosmetics or food company, when they want creamy viscous liquid with soft aspect and no splash. If you take your .bin sims that work at 80% and then if you are able to :
- delete by hands what you don't whant
- fill by hand some area where you want to add particle that will get their behavior from neighbour
- if you want to latice or deform by hand slice of particles you've done

all this in realtime with your wacom and pencil ! i think this tool could really really be a wonderful addition to any liquid maker !

Old 09 September 2012   #20
It seems that the app isn't working on my pc.
I launch it but it looks like it freezes and I click on every button, everything is stuck...
I can navigate with the arrow keys of the keyboard but the mouse does nothing.
Do you have an idea how to make it work
Thank you

Old 09 September 2012   #21
It seems I do have the same problem as Boumay
When I launch it, it freezes.
Sometimes it starts up after a long time, but then it freezes anyway

Old 09 September 2012   #22
Hi guys :)

Originally Posted by Ryonosuke11: Amazing stuff! :applause: Looking forward to the Cinema 4d version!

Please refer this manual of NextLimitTechnology inc while I wrote our tutorial.
http://thevault.realflow.com/tutori...conectivity.pdf

Originally Posted by HFnord: It's an interesting looking application, but one should be aware of the "fine-print" ("Q&A"), which states it can only be used while connected to the Internet at all times.

Thank you for sharing that with me. I'm going to update WEB page.

Originally Posted by djorzgul: Hi,
When the download is finished I get this message in Chrome. For the first time in my internet life. I can keep or discard it, and google says following about this:

https://support.google.com/chrome/b...b_download_scan

Cheers, Dj.

I have seen this warning message previously. So, I verified this problem. I was only occur on the specific version of Google Chrome.

I don't know the concrete security guideline of google. But, I understand that some user feel uneasy about this warning.

I'm going to add the explain to the download page od Sparta.

Originally Posted by philnolan3d: LightWavers don't get a video? :( Oh well, looks pretty cool anyway!

Please refer this manual of NextLimitTechnology inc while I wrote our tutorial.
http://thevault.realflow.com/tutori...onnectivity.pdf

Originally Posted by boumay: It seems that the app isn't working on my pc.
I launch it but it looks like it freezes and I click on every button, everything is stuck...
I can navigate with the arrow keys of the keyboard but the mouse does nothing.
Do you have an idea how to make it work
Thank you

I might can help you. Please send E-mail to me if your problem isn't solved yet.
mail: lyouta@spartaproject.com

Old 10 October 2012   #23
I updated Sparta

Hi guys.

I updated Sparta to Rev.24

1) Computing speed improvement

Importing speed of cache became 5.5 time faster than before. And, 25% improvement of a computing speed at Sparta whole. In addition, the downloading process of a sample scene is computed on the background now. Being fast is a god in CG world.

https://vimeo.com/51779735

2) Shading enhancement

New algorithm to generate a normal vector is introduced. You can easily seize an exact shape of a point cloud than before. And it's computed real-timely like a progressive render. In addition, an accuracy of Normal Brush was increase in conjunction with this algorithm.

https://vimeo.com/51782652

3) Bug Fixes

We fixed several bugs of Sparta. Sparta became more stable than before.

Activation Code

Deadline of the activation code of Sparta Basic is extended. This is for the for verification of the functionality of the paid version. And, It's available until 11/31/2012 now.

LicenseeName: bd_opening
SerialNumber: 2884936706818615

BIN Importer for Blender

The Blender artist named @uimac developed “RealFlow .bin Importer for Blender 2.6” to share the particle information in between Sparta and Blender. I'm surprised about it. Cool.

http://realflow.render.jp/

Sparta was funded from Onlab

Aug. 2012 - Oct. 2012, I’ve joined the seed accelerator program named Open Network Lab (Onlab). Then, We were demoing Sparta to an investors at the final event.

Sparta Project was invested 1M(JPY), Workplace and Server space from Onlab. In addition, I am received the mentoring about our business from mentors.

http://onlab.jp/about/index.en.html

Online Store of Sparta

I made an online store of Sparta. You can buy the license of Sparta Basic all over the world.

http://spartaproject.tictail.com/

Thanks.

Please download Sparta from http://spartaproject.com/

Last edited by lyouta : 10 October 2012 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01 January 2013   #24
$639 for a year long license is excessive, very excessive.
Especially seeing as it constantly crashes for me on both of my workstations and the icons have no pop up indication as to what they actually do.

Old 01 January 2013   #25
Hi ThePriest :)

Originally Posted by ThePriest: $639 for a year long license is excessive, very excessive.

A price of Sparta by JPY has already been decided. But, the price by USD became 15% off the price by impact of the yen's depreciation which is continuing from the end of the 2012. It's now about $550.

Originally Posted by ThePriest: Especially seeing as it constantly crashes for me on both of my workstations

If you contact directly to me, I might help you.
My E-mail is here, lyouta@spartaproject.com

Originally Posted by ThePriest: the icons have no pop up indication as to what they actually do.

I'm going to add a tooltip or something to next version of Sparta.

Old 01 January 2013   #26
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread