mrViewer v1.8.0

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #1
mrViewer v1.8.0

I am happy to announce a small upgrade to mrViewer, the popular open source flipbook and video player. This version adds Paint Tools to use as a grease marker during reviews.

You can obtain the latest mrViewer from:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mrviewer/files/

And the source code with git doing:
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/mrviewer/code mrviewer-code

For some movies of what it can do, you can check youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d92DTYv1TmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC7U6gdoDm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7C8sAmnNJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHnEpYrgXw
http://youtu.be/UG8m6ZxsNcA
http://youtu.be/4AgfaiTUkAE

Last edited by gga : 08 August 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Old 09 September 2012   #2
command line options

hi there, just having a look at mrViewer, I registered mrViewer in the environment variables and everything works as expected from a commandline, unfortunately I cant get to the options via mrViewer -h

Am I missing something here? Would love to access the viewer via script...

Tia...

D

Old 09 September 2012   #3
Hi Gonzalo,

Im really liking mrViewer. It has a lot of high end features missing in other open source or free players. I can move frame by frame in a quicktime movie. It views openexr images. Read times are nice and fast. The color controls and image information is very technical which I appreciate a lot.

I did find a bug. Im trying version 1.8.0 on windowsxp 32bit ... when I try to drag and drop a file it pops up a error message that the file is missing. Yet when I use the file open it finds the image. I was hoping I could drag and drop several images at once so I can flip between them with the arrows keys, but the error prevented my test.
Also in my opinion the HUD display could use some improvement. Its hard to see over a grey image.
Also the paint tools could use the ability to add text.

Great work on this viewer.

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Originally Posted by willanie: I did find a bug. Im trying version 1.8.0 on windowsxp 32bit ... when I try to drag and drop a file it pops up a error message that the file is missing. Yet when I use the file open it finds the image. I was hoping I could drag and drop several images at once so I can flip between them with the arrows keys, but the error prevented my test.

Hi, Will. I cannot reproduce the bug. Does your image have any extension which may make it think it is a sequence? Can you send me the file to my email?

Quote: Also in my opinion the HUD display could use some improvement. Its hard to see over a grey image.

Agreed. The default color should not be gray. You can change the color in the preferences window, thou.

Quote: Also the paint tools could use the ability to add text.

Add text and save the image with the drawings are two key features missing.

Old 09 September 2012   #5
I get this bug too. It feels pretty random, sometimes working, sometimes not. It happens when I drag and drop a file. However, if I use the file/open dialog on the same sequence it works fine. I'm on win64. I'll try to troubleshoot and provide more detailed info, but right now I can fine no rhyme or reason other than it definitely happens with openexr files.

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Originally Posted by fahr: I get this bug too. It feels pretty random, sometimes working, sometimes not. It happens when I drag and drop a file.

I was finally able to reproduce the problem and got a fix for it in v1.9.1. Please be so kind to download it.

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Hi gga,

I just tried v1.9.1 and the drag and drop worked consistently.
However I tried dragging several images at once and it only loaded one file.
I also tried this with the file open browser and although it allowed me to select more than one image with the control key, only 1 image was loaded.
Is it possible to load in multiple images that are not a sequence?
I was also hoping that there would be hotkeys that would display the next image and previous images once several images are loaded.

thanks

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Originally Posted by willanie: Is it possible to load in multiple images that are not a sequence?

Not sure what's going on your end, but here I can drag and drop multiple files (different names and extensions not single frames of a sequence). I can also load them with the file requester.
The files go to the Reel Window (Window->Reels) but only the first one goes to the main view window.

Originally Posted by willanie: I was also hoping that there would be hotkeys that would display the next image and previous images once several images are loaded.

There is. Page Up and Page Down will scroll through the images in the same reel.

Old 10 October 2012   #9
Hi gga

I have a question about mrwiever. I tried to use it on a windows network environment (where the network folder is not mapped as drive) I couldn't find a way to way to access network computer. Have I missed something. Does it have network support?
Thank you.

Old 10 October 2012   #10
Originally Posted by snanook: Have I missed something. Does it have network support?
Thank you.

I'm afraid you will need to map the network to a drive to make it work with mrViewer for the time being.

Old 10 October 2012   #11
I forgot to ask you what happens if you use drag and drop from the explorer window to the mrViewer window.

Old 10 October 2012   #12
Originally Posted by gga: I forgot to ask you what happens if you use drag and drop from the explorer window to the mrViewer window.

Never mind, it won't work that way either, unless your folders don't have special characters in them.

Last edited by gga : 10 October 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Old 10 October 2012   #13
Originally Posted by gga: Never mind, it won't work that way either, unless your folders don't have special characters in them.

Try version 1.9.3 of the viewer. It should allow you to drag and drop elements found on the network with explorer.

Old 10 October 2012   #14
hi gga

I have downloaded version 1.9.3 I have not tried it in a network environment yet. But when I have try to run it a windows 7 64 bit machine I get error :
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"
I have also tried 1.9.2 and 1.9.1 on the same computer. I get same error. Are there any prerequisite programs that I have to install ?
Thank you.

Old 10 October 2012   #15
Originally Posted by snanook: I have downloaded version 1.9.3 I have not tried it in a network environment yet. But when I have try to run it a windows 7 64 bit machine I get error :
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application"
I have also tried 1.9.2 and 1.9.1 on the same computer. I get same error. Are there any prerequisite programs that I have to install ?
Thank you.

There are hardware pre-requisites: a machine with a GeForce 9600 or equivalent. It could be a DLL problem in the machine you have. Download DependencyWalker and run it on mrViewer.exe. It should point to all DLLs being used. If some DLL shows weird, that's the culprit.

Thread Closed share thread