Naiad sold to Autodesk

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2012   #46
Originally Posted by Mr.Tyler Durden: erhm, you have been missing the official emails that several people of the industry received before that.
Only because you don't know anybody trustworthy who might have disclosed this information to you, doesn't make it a rumour. But well, now you know better

Thank you for enlightening me how a rumor works!
You're still missing the point of what I was trying to say, but let's leave it at that...

Old 08 August 2012   #47
Well, ppl (including me) wanted a fluids solver, so there we have it.

Its good to see it wont be sold as a seperate product.

Old 08 August 2012   #48
Has been mentioned. Ignore...

Old 08 August 2012   #49
Guys you are all killing me!
This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government

Old 08 August 2012   #50
Originally Posted by Autodesk News Announcement: Autodesk will not continue to market and sell Naiad as a standalone product but it is anticipated that certain Naiad technology may find its way...

K people, move along please... nothing to see here... Nai-what?

Old 08 August 2012   #51
Autodesk will not continue to market and sell Naiad as a standalone product but it is anticipated that certain Naiad technology may find its way into future Autodesk offerings.

The suites are coming! the suites are coming!

Old 08 August 2012   #52
Well as an AD Creation Suite Owner, I'm pretty stoked. I guess if you're anti AD and a Naiad user this probably sucks but having access to that solver in the suite is pretty tits in my view.

Old 08 August 2012   #53
Originally Posted by sacslacker: Well as an AD Creation Suite Owner, I'm pretty stoked. I guess if you're anti AD and a Naiad user this probably sucks but having access to that solver in the suite is pretty tits in my view.

But there is no guarantee it will be released in a Suite. Autodesk may decide to integrate it directly into some of their DCC apps or some of their architectural based apps. Who knows what they will do. That is what is 'scary' about this.

http://coldsidedigital.tumblr.com - 3ds Max Blog

Old 08 August 2012   #54
They will release it in suite with Mudbox, so if your simulation goes wrong, you can "fix mesh in post"

magic happens here... sometimes
go nodeway

Old 08 August 2012   #55
Yay! Another dynamics solver under ADSK belt... /

Old 08 August 2012   #56
Originally Posted by mantragora: They will release it in suite with Mudbox, so if your simulation goes wrong, you can "fix mesh in post"

HAHAHA!

Please don't make fun of people that design the "sweets", though they may have never used the software in any capacity, nor read about how people use it, they do know what is best for you!

Who puts these together anyway?

Old 08 August 2012   #57
Autodesk acquires Naiad fluid simulation technology from Exotic Matter
In an effort to accelerate Autodesk’s research and development of simulation technologies for visual effects, Autodesk has acquired the Naiad fluid simulation technology from Exotic Matter.

Exotic Matter’s founder and CEO, Marcus Nordenstam and Chief Scientist, Robert Bridson have joined Autodesk. Robert Bridson also will continue as a professor of Scientific Computing/Computer Graphics at the University of British Columbia.

Autodesk will not continue to market and sell Naiad as a standalone product but it is anticipated that certain Naiad technology may find its way into future Autodesk offerings. As of this time, there are no new product or offering announcements pertaining to the Autodesk software portfolio.

It's expected that Exotic Matter will contact its existing Naiad customers and provide information on how support will be handled. These customers can also still contact Exotic Matter through existing channels.

Press inquiries: please contact Noah Cole with Autodesk PR at: noah.cole@autodesk.com

well, they do say here it will be sold as a standalone product so lets see

Old 08 August 2012   #58
Originally Posted by DuttyFoot: well, they do say here it will be sold as a standalone product so lets see

Actually, they say it will NOT be sold as a stand alone product.

VFX artist, animator, modeler, simulate, professor and engineer
Pixel Monkey for 26+ years

http://www.theafterimage.com

@rendertwit

Old 08 August 2012   #59
it's one of the last things yet to be added into 3dsmax - fluid sims
and they can say the 45% increase in subscriptions is down to acquiring this technology..but i would not put it past autodesk to make this a suite only add on.

"you want fluid sims?...go ahead it's now part of the creative suite advantage pack ..only!"

http://www.cresshead.com
youtube channel:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/cresshead

"zero stones - zero crates"

Old 08 August 2012   #60
Originally Posted by harovas: Actually, they say it will NOT be sold as a stand alone product.

It can be simply included in suite and sold like "non stand alone product". Just in big pack.
I'm not remember where AD trying to change something with GUI )

Thread Closed share thread