DJV Imaging 0.9.0 (open source flipbook)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

08 August 2012
Hey Darby,
first of all, thanks for djv_view ! It is an incredibly useful tool.
I'm trying to install it on Fedora 17 (64 bit); the rpm didn't work (it runs but can't actually recognize any image sequences) so I thought I'd just do a source build.
I ran cmake out of the source tree :
cmake ../djv-0.9.0
It worked and seemed to find every dependency it was looking for.
then I ran make
but I got the following errors almost right away:
In file included from /home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_core_application.cpp:36:0:
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file.h:152:15: error: ‘uid_t’ has not been declared
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file.h:172:12: error: ‘uid_t’ does not name a type
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file.h:230:5: error: ‘uid_t’ does not name a type
In file included from /home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file.h:391:0,
from /home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_core_application.cpp:36:
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file_inline.h:73:8: error: ‘uid_t’ does not name a type
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file_inline.h: In member function ‘bool djv::File::seq_add(const djv::File&)’:
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file_inline.h:140:5: error: ‘_user’ was not declared in this scope
/home/bassam/Downloads/djv/djv-0.9.0/lib/djv_core/djv_file_inline.h:140:33: error: ‘const class djv::File’ has no member named ‘_user’
make[2]: *** [lib/djv_core/CMakeFiles/djv_core.dir/djv_core_application.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib/djv_core/CMakeFiles/djv_core.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

any ideas?

08 August 2012
Originally Posted by mackdadd: I have this problem every time. but it's not a dealbreaker, just a nuisance.

I usually switch off the windows transparency, but if there is any, and it does switch it off when I start program. When I close it, transparency is back on.
Not a biggy, but would be nice to fix.
It's great that has preferences, it's so easy to save movie or picture. One request is to be able to save quicktime mp4 file format. I'm saving quicktime with H264, as "name.mov".
Love drag and drop and opens a sequence. That's a great time saver.
Also please fix the memory bug. That's most important, so I can use all Ram for playing.
And please put some paypal so we can give something back.

Thanks a lot

Al

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

Last edited by Als : 08 August 2012 at 05:56 PM.

09 September 2012
Originally Posted by bassaminator: I ran cmake out of the source tree :
cmake ../djv-0.9.0
It worked and seemed to find every dependency it was looking for.
then I ran make

This was because of gcc-4.7 (in my case)
So you may simply run
cmake -D CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.6 ../djv-0.9.0
before running make, but do not forget to install corresponding compiler before that
This way I built djv successfully on debian wheezy

11 November 2012
I tried compiling the souce code with cmake but I have this error :
-- Could NOT find FLTK (missing:  FLTK_LIBRARIES FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR FLTK_FLUID_EXECUTABLE)
  -- Could NOT find JPEG (missing:  JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR)
  -- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
  -- Could NOT find PNG (missing:  PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR)
  -- Could NOT find TIFF (missing:  TIFF_LIBRARY TIFF_INCLUDE_DIR)
  -- Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR)
  -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
  CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.

I'm on centos 6.3, and I coudn't find anything about thoses variable and how should fix it.

12 December 2012
I've installed the djv_view both 0.82 and 0.83 on machine with quicktime pro, but I don't have quicktime save in there. Why would this happen, I'm not sure?
I look forward to 0.90 version for windows as well.

Thanks

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

03 March 2013
Would be great if you describe which libraries do i need to compile it on windows

03 March 2013
For example which version of FLTK should i compile?

03 March 2013
Keep getting the same error

I assumed and compiled FLTK 1.3.2, check if my paths are right

CMake configuration paths:

CMake log:

Could NOT find JPEG (missing:  JPEG_LIBRARY JPEG_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find PNG (missing:  PNG_LIBRARY PNG_PNG_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find TIFF (missing:  TIFF_LIBRARY TIFF_INCLUDE_DIR) 
Could NOT find ZLIB (missing:  ZLIB_LIBRARY ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR) 
CMAKE_MSVC_ARCH = x64
CMAKE_INSTALL_SYSTEM_RUNTIME_LIBS = C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0/VC/redist/x64/Microsoft.VC110.CRT/msvcp110.dllC:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0/VC/redist/x64/Microsoft.VC110.CRT/msvcr110.dll
__install__libs = C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0/VC/redist/x64/Microsoft.VC110.CRT/msvcp110.dllC:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0/VC/redist/x64/Microsoft.VC110.CRT/msvcr110.dll
Configuring done
CMake Error at bin/djv_view/CMakeLists.txt:80 (add_executable):
  Cannot find source file:

../../lib/djv_gui/win.rc

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp
  .hxx .in .txx

Last edited by iamvfx : 03 March 2013 at 04:53 PM.

04 April 2013
Originally Posted by Als: I've installed the djv_view both 0.82 and 0.83 on machine with quicktime pro, but I don't have quicktime save in there. Why would this happen, I'm not sure?

Are you using 64bit version of DJV? Quicktime works fine with 32bit version. I think it's about time to release Quicktime 64bit instead of another iPhone
Btw. It works fine on Linux, although there may be some problems with codecs, I think.

04 April 2013
Quote: Are you using 64bit version of DJV?

Yes.
Thanks.

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

09 September 2013
Hi,

i´m trying to get djv 0.9.0 to work on Mac OS X 10.8.4.
To open an OpenEXR file I always have to use the internal browser or drag´n´drop on the opened djv-screen. But it´s not working if I tell my OS to always open exr files with djv. When I double-click an exr file I get this error from djv:
"The document image.exr could not be opened. djv_view cannot open files in the “OpenEXR image” format."

So I tried plan B: opening exr files with command line. So after installation I set my Environment variables to "/Applications/djv-0.9.0.app/Contents/Resources/bin". This works. But when I enter this
djv_view /path/to/image.exr

I get an error "Library not loaded: libdjv_gui.dylib".

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks for your efforts!
genec

09 September 2013
Originally Posted by genec: So I tried plan B: opening exr files with command line. So after installation I set my Environment variables to "/Applications/djv-0.9.0.app/Contents/Resources/bin". This works. But when I enter this
djv_view /path/to/image.exr

I get an error "Library not loaded: libdjv_gui.dylib".

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks for your efforts!
genec

I have found a solution to open images in djv using command line (on mac). The command should look like this:
/Applications/djv-0.9.0.app/Contents/MacOS/djv-0.9.0 /absolute/path/to/image.exr

You can also append further options like "-playback_speed 25". The online documentation about command line usage was misleading for me. The next time I should use the -help flag first before posting here.

12 December 2013
Any plans on getting the latest version of this fantastic viewer to work on windows?
I still use the old version (0.8.3-pre2) , but it crashes aero every time I launch it.
Is there anything I can do to help?
Free beer or paypal?

07 July 2014
bump so the thread stays open. Getting a newer version compiled on windows would be awesome!!!

08 August 2014
I was wondering if there are any plan to compile the windows version? Thanks.

reply share thread