Adobe Will Only Offer Photoshop CS6 Upgrade Price to CS5 Owners

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2011
Originally Posted by f3rry: DUMB DUMB DUMB.

As Steve Jobs said once, Adobe has some of the laziest programmers. No innovations and arrogants. I started to believe that now. I gues It will be perfect timing for Corel or anyone else to be the new standard. I'll support anyone but Adobe all the way. Damn I hate those dumb guys....

Talk about lazy and arrogant. Have you ever used iTunes? What a piece of crap THAT little piece of programming is.

12 December 2011
Big Corporations Are Inhumane!!!

i'm still at photoshop CS2 because of their greed and hey i'm doing fine. i'd like to point out GIMP which is free and also INKSCAPE which is free. both take a little getting use to but hey for free and just as good as ADOBE bullies. anyway keep raising the price and you'll just have the pros using your software and really how many of those are there in this day??? a few companies... a few...in a few countries... think they're gonna be able to support your lifestyle you're use to and that cloud thingie is a joke. you better watch out your gonna fall into the 99 percent with the rest of us. got you guns loaded??? Good luck ADOBE i think your gonna need it. PRAY PRAY PRAY

12 December 2011
Adobe Shares Rise as Sales Forecast Tops Analysts’ Estimates

Quote: Adobe Systems Inc. (ADBE) rose the most in more than three months after its first-quarter sales forecast beat some estimates, boosted by demand for tools that design Web pages and create online video. For the fourth quarter, which ended Dec. 2, sales increased 14 percent to $1.15 billion, compared with analysts’ average $1.09 billion estimate.

One-third of Adobe’s design-software revenue will come from online subscriptions in three years, Chief Financial Officer Mark Garrett said in an interview. That’s up from almost none now. The company’s advertising-software business may reach three-quarters of a billion dollars this fiscal year and will grow at about 25 percent annually, he said.

The company is overhauling the way it sells Creative Suite to spur more frequent purchases of programs like Photoshop and Dreamweaver. As more customers seek to buy and use software over the Internet, Adobe plans to release a software package called Creative Cloud in the fiscal second quarter, Garrett said on yesterday’s call.

As more users create content using Apple’s iPad, Adobe is planning to make its entire set of creative tools available on Apple’s App Store, Narayen said on CNBC today.

Found this link posted by another user on the Adobe forum. Apparently, Adobe is doing quite well with their new business model.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...n-programs.html

12 December 2011
I'm using Xara for many tasks, it's 2D & vector in one, and it's very fast for vector editing, plus web design. I also bought Serif Photoplus, and it does most of the things I need.
For quick painting I prefer gimp, because I don't have to do anything with masks, just load paint next.
I have old corel suite which helps on some of the more complicated stuff, and it's still incredible value for money. But I still find most of the 2D software lucking in terms of masking, not in options but in complexity, none of them intuitive. Specially when needed to be used on sequence rather the one picture.
I also bought 3D coat and other programs, depending of what I need.
Biggest problem I think is FILE FORMAT!
When I was working in mostly 3D small workshops, we would get LATEST photoshop or illustrator file and then what? You have to have the LATEST version yourself in order to read it.
But more then anything, we need revolution in how the OS works and how software works.
We need a way to work on 2D image, where I can use any or ALL THE SOFTWARE AT THE SAME TIME to work on the same picture. We need more open systems, not more closed.
Also something I still miss from AMIGA days is to be able to use ALL THE TOOLS at the same time as well. I can't do anything to a cut out until I confirm it? and nonsense like that.
I'm also aware and I've seen that many times that users don't use more then 20% of the options available, due to tools not being intuitive enough.

Thanks for reading

Als

VFX rule no. 387
# Just redo it!

12 December 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread