Lord of the Rings Extra Footage!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2002
The four disc sets have the movie split up on two DVD's with two commentary tracks. The other two discs are extra material. I'm pretty much sure that it will be all new extra material compared to the two disc set coming out Tuesday.

08 August 2002
In one of the interviews available online the director said the actually had a budget of 200 million dollars for the 3 movies and so far the total box office income of the first movie is over 800 millions worldwide! One more thing the dvd coming out this tuesday will be the only way to own the theatrical version of the movie (the original edit) on the dvds coming out in november you will only get the extended version... they pratically want you to buy both versions... so let's see 2 versions this year... 2 more versions next year + 1 boxed set with the first 2 movies and for the last one 2 more plus a final (hopefully) boxed set...

BRING IT ON!

thank god it's a good movie or else blood vessels would be popping like crazy...

08 August 2002
Ive heard 1.5 billion in box-office takings worldwide, that was during a commercial for the DVD. Anyway, Im sure it did more than 800 mill, I heard it was up with Titanic somewhere in earnings.

08 August 2002
Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Domestic: $313.1
Overseas: $542.1
Worldwide: $855.2

Source: WorldWideBoxoffice.com

"The indie studio has given the green light to a $190 million budget for a three-film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's beloved fantasy masterwork The Lord of the Rings published as a trilogy against its author's wishes upping the ante on what was already the most expensive project ever undertaken by the studio. The Wellington, New Zealand, newspaper Sunday Star-Times, reports that New Line analyzed production costs and decided it could afford to add $60 million to its original budget of $130 million."

Source: http://movies.go.com/news/1999/7/lordofrings071299.html

Just thought i'd post a lil info on the total earning from that movie alone grossed over 4 times the budget for the first 3 movies. Can anyone say....CHA CHING? lol

08 August 2002
lol ...as long as they still have the Two Towers and Return on the King showed, I DON'T CARE!!!
LOTR rocks!

08 August 2002
Holding out....

I'm holding out for the uber-nerd version..... I love that kind of stuff... and the marketers know it! Darn them...... darn them to heck.....

Sketchbooks

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread