Lucas now "enhancing" THX-1138

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2004
..on an additional note and since it's all part of the same gripe;

I agree that it would have been nice if George had provided the original edits of the SW trilogy along with the SE, or as an alternate purchase (who's to say he won't one day!?) but if that is what he wants to do - it's his choice. I will buy them because I look forward to seeing the SW films (in any form) like I never have before. I don't think the SE elements add a great deal at all, but they don't ruin the films for me either, the essence and impact is the same.

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

05 May 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Terrell
Please don't start with "we made him" crap. That stuff doesn't fly and never has. He owes us absolutely nothing.

I'm not talking about fans, I said "like us" i.e. VFX artists, the artists that crafted the original VFX, which were somewhat of small breakthrough in cinema. He owes them at least the respect for thier work to be seen. Filmmaking is a collaborative art. Star Wars would be nothing without his vision. His visoin would not have been realized without thier talent.

Oh, and by the way, he owes me everything. As do you.

06 June 2004
I loved the original, i loved the feel, the look, basically everything about it. It did however leave me with questions. Where the silver/gold police robots? THere where just a few niggling question that hopefully with be answered in this addition. Also it looks that lucas is keeping the effects minimal, and simple so im up for it!

eek

06 June 2004
I always loved that movie...What an ending!(although a bit predictable but good)

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread