Stop Staring 3. What do you want?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2010
regarding 1st edition,2nd and thir edition images...why do you keep getting uglier Jason? :

1st edition was the book i probably re-read the most times in my life. so i guess thimes time ill give some thinking of buying the 3rd edition one

cheers

08 August 2010
How about using a sculpting app to create wrinkle maps?

A lot of what you cover crosses over to other apps, but there are parts that just don't jump the gap, mostly when you get into very specific tools and scripts. Any chance of exploring the other apps or at least pointing users toward some resources that could help bridge the gap?

Awesome stuff as always!

08 August 2010
I wish to see several topology solutions as well, there are alternate solutions (avatar has a new way also) that would be useful, including different styles of modelling (point by point, edge extrude, boxmodelling, and retopo)

Latest thread:

Fauna

Vampyre Portrait

Girl in Hood

Vampyre Hunter I

08 August 2010
Waaaaaay too late for requests :)

Text and imagery has all been locked in for a month now.

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by eek: '
What would be awesome is correctives - firstly how to build them. How they get fired by other shapes, (linearly, quadratic, slow-in.out etc) and how there order is crucial in rebuilding them. eg.

A + B (order 0) - base shapes
= C (order 1) - first corrective
C +A - base + corrective
=D (order 2) second corrective

The rule being you have to rebuild them low to high order, this is crucial in face pipelines. As the base shapes may change at any time be it via bones or morphs. Plus storing the absolute of the corrective is very important.

Driving normal/disp maps is a good one too.

Possibly techniques for on face controls, and how there can drive other on face controls - eg. left smile control, right smile control, overalSmile control (drives the other two)

Totally agree !
Correctives is what LuisSanJuan call as Binomial Morphs, by the way ?
Google+

Last edited by Polimeno : 08 August 2010 at 03:40 PM.

08 August 2010
Originally Posted by Polimeno: Totally agree !
Correctives is what LuisSanJuan call as Binomial Morphs, by the way ?

True weight space corrections would be better imo. It supports placing shapes at any dimension [0:1] at any position, and crucially its non linear. Storing order is as simple as assigning each target at creation and its full transform. Check against the orders order of weight and find the highest and set it one higher.

E.g

TargetA - order 0
TargetB - order 0
TargetC == (TargetA & TargetB) - order 1
TargetD == (TargetC & TargetB) - order 2

The reason this works because a blendshape value is the product of weights [1..n] @ 0 > t > 1 i.e a blendshape is not bound to a single value.

Last edited by eek : 08 August 2010 at 04:47 PM.

11 November 2010
So the new book is out now, can you give a list of what`s new in the third edition?

Thanks

01 January 2011
A list of what's new would be great! I much enjoyed the first and second editions, but am admittedly a little reluctant to buy the third one on top of the other two.
Cheers!

01 January 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread