PUPPETSHOP, Free rigging/animation tool for MAX 6 & 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
can anyone tell me how stable puppetshop is for use in production. Is it bug-free and production ready? has anyone used it in any big projects?

05 May 2005
clip editor

Hey Everyone, I hope you’re enjoying Puppetshop because I know I am. This is a very powerful animation tool. I am learning new things about it everyday, but have a question. What version of Puppetshop is everyone working on? I have version 1.03, and in my version there is an option called “clip editor”, I assume that is an editor that allows you to merge different mocap clip together. If that is, that would be freaking cool. Now in my version is says “coming in version 1.1.” I’m not sure if 1.1 is out yet but does anyone have a version where clip editor is enabled. I know this is a long shot but you never know. Any help would be useful.

05 May 2005
it says i'm currently using 1.05

Kees, i know the bandwidth of people DL'ing Puppetshop was killing your server, have you concidered posting puppetshop on something like Turbosquid.com or scriptspot.com?

you can post things for free on Turbosquid, but seriously dude, i would pay $30-$40 for puppetshop without blinking- just to support your efforts, as puppetshop is really worth more than that.

i almost feel guilty using it for free.

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by DangerousCliff: it says i'm currently using 1.05

Hey DangerousCliff, is “clip editor” enabled in v1.05?

05 May 2005
[QUOTE=DangerousCliff]it says i'm currently using 1.05

Hi everybody... I'm using the 1.03 and for me it's amazing, but DangerousCliff where you get the 1.05?

I was looking for some videos explaining the cool use and features of PuppetShop... I know a lot of videos exist, but currently all dissapear...

I feel Kees is hidding somewhere and He takes Puppetshop with him, tutorials, samples, new versions, puppets and all. He might be animating with his wonderfull Creation.. but please Kees... publish again that good material.It rocks...

05 May 2005
Went back a page or so and found the links to puppetshop from icedeagle but I can't get to the page or the exe file. I'm assuming those are the latest version (1.05 is it?). Is there a way for me to download this tool and the accompanying tutorials? I finally have access to Max 7 and want to try it to see if this would be useful for my animation classes. Anyone?
Thanx for the help!

05 May 2005
as far as 1.05, i had just DL'ed the latest version before puppetshop.com went down.

clip editor is still grey...

05 May 2005
Any chance I could get it from you Cliff? Anyone?

05 May 2005
i'm not terribly comfortable redistributing without the authors permission...

Kees?

06 June 2005
is this also working with max 5?
cause I can't get it to work, at startup of max there is an error, failed to initialize puppetController.dlc!!
well I can build the skeleton but when I want to build the rig/setup, I get all sorts of erroers!
can anyone help me please?

06 June 2005
Im sorry if this is a silly question, but I cant seem to find this plugin anywhere anymore.

The website (www.puppetshop.com) now automatically directs me to Kee's blog entry and there doesnt appear to be anywhere to directly download the file. Is there an alternaive site (like a mirror) wherethe file is still uploaded, or has it been taken down for a specific reason.
I've found lots of mention of this plugin and it may be just the think I need to help rig the models Im making for the tyranidMOD of Dawn of War, but I cant find it anywhere.

Any help (or even just a clarifcation of the status ) would be appreciated.

Stryer

07 July 2005
Is Puppet Shop still available?

When I visited www.puppetshop.com I find a blog but no download. Is this plug-in still available anywhere? I'd love to try it out.

Mark

09 September 2005
max 7.X breaks puppetshop?

i've just gotten my subscription and my max 7.5 updates. thats the good news, bad news is that now i can no longer build new rigs with puppetshop, and existing rigs from save files are s l o w...

now, i went ahead and ran the max7 service pack right before i installed 7.5 upgrades (just got around to it...) so i don't know if its the service pack, or the 7.5 upgrade.

anyone else using puppetshop have this issue?

09 September 2005
Now don't hold me to this, but I believe that problem is present in version 1.05. If you install version 1.03, you should be fine.

09 September 2005
Quote: Now don't hold me to this, but I believe that problem is present in version 1.05. If you install version 1.03, you should be fine.

alas this is not true

1.03 will not work with 7.5

mark

Thread Closed share thread