PUPPETSHOP, Free rigging/animation tool for MAX 6 & 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by thewave: ....
If you or any other users are interested in having me do this, it would be no trouble ......

What a wonderfull selfless offer!
I hope Kees gets in contact with you .

Like you said puppet shop is brilliant stuff.

01 January 2005
Me too

I hope that I hear from him as well, I would love to help promote this work of his. It has a tremendous benefit to people and if he is willing to offer it free I will do whatever I can to help out.

01 January 2005
any tutorials?

Hi Kees,

U've done an amazing job on PuppetShop n so kind of u to give it off for free. I like that more than Puppetshop .

I downloaded and installed Puppetshop on my system. There is an installation file and a bunch of tutorials (in .wmv format). But i have problems running those tutorials. i tried in window media player, it doesn't work. On mplayer2, there is only audio, no video. On winamp 3, i can get video but no audio, moreover it's not playing smoothly. So i'll be happy if u've made some pdf or html tutorials that i can go through.

I'm exploring it on my own, but i think it'll take a long time to figure out all features without tutorials. So please let me know if u've made a readable tutorials for Puppetshop.

cheers

01 January 2005
Talking Puppetshop 1.05 problems

Anyone knows if someday we'll see a new version of puppershop?, the version 1.05 works fine, but when I am working with MOCAP data it only disappears my rig and nothing...I have to load again and animate all by hand...

Since November the puppetshop web is down...too bad...

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by darthmikael: Anyone knows if someday we'll see a new version of puppershop?, the version 1.05 works fine, but when I am working with MOCAP data it only disappears my rig and nothing...I have to load again and animate all by hand......

Hi guys,

I just went through the tutorial videos n as i said few of them had problems with audio. Some problem wid download i suppose. Anyways the features r really good n flexible. That made me feel like trying out for my animation. But what concerns me at this point is reliability i.e., whether it will work well without giving any unknown problem in the middle of the project like what darthmikeal has mention. So i'd like to know any other problems and maybe the solutions too (if available).

cheers

01 January 2005
I can't get it from Highend3D or atle3D Can someone send another URL please?

Learning to use Blender3d

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by venga_dude:
......... a bunch of tutorials (in .wmv format).

Hey Venga_dude

I have been looking for those puppetshop tutorials for the longest. Do u mind uploading them to a free site like http://s18.yousendit.com/ so I can get a copy of them. I have the modeling one "Puppetshop_building_new_puppet". Hopefully Kees wont be mad about uploading his tutorials.

Thanks for and help that you can give.
Kobeone

Last edited by kobeone : 01 January 2005 at 07:34 PM.

01 January 2005
hi kobeone,

The size of the zipped file is around 65 mb. I'm not supposed to upload such big files from my studio so i can't send it from there. I'll send it from some cyber cafe when i find time, maybe on a weekend.

cheers

02 February 2005
The latest PuppetShop install file and six instructional videos are now being hosted by Iced_Eagle (a nice guy I know over at 3dbuzz.com). He has lots of bandwidth so hopefully this will keep interest up until the official Puppetshop site gets back online. The link is:

http://www.icedeagle.net/puppetshop/

02 February 2005
More selfless acts from people who love 3D

02 February 2005
Enjoy it fellas!

Spread the link around, I want more people to experience Puppetshop

Cheers!

Over half a gigs of Puppetshop have been transferred (554.73mb as of this minute) so I take it people are enjoying it!

02 February 2005
first off, *whew*. i'm glad to see that PuppetShop has a new, if temporary, home. thanks!
(and thank you Mr. Rijnen!)

now, to the meat of my post.

i've been on a few dates with the PEN attribute holder. it seems to be working out, and well, with the combination of the reaction manager, i think its love. (thank you Mr. Neale)

now i recall, in one of the tut videos, being able to save custom attributes in a puppetshop rig. so far, i've been able to add whatever custom attributes i want, but have been unable to save them in the rig itself. basically, in the best of all possible worlds, i would be able to set up, lets say, the hands, with PEN's custom attribute holder, then save it to a rig, save that rig as a preset, then simply load it up in puppetshop.

is this do-able, or am i on the wrong track?
it's obvious i'm not following something correctly, so any help is much appreciated.

thanks all!

02 February 2005
Err one question, since the sight is down does anyone know how you actually install Puppetshop????? (Probably missing something obvioius)

02 February 2005
Quote: Err one question, since the sight is down does anyone know how you actually install Puppetshop????? (Probably missing something obvioius)

http://www.icedeagle.net/puppetshop/

Main Directory
Install puppetshop .exe

Thread Closed share thread