PUPPETSHOP, Free rigging/animation tool for MAX 6 & 7

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Thanx penn!

Was right were you said.

First thing I noticed was the insert GOD button.
Priceless,..... don't you just love 3d?

Thanx again

11 November 2004
Talking

Originally Posted by Atle: Hi

Here`s a link to the file:

http://www.atle3d.com/Div/Install_Puppetshop.zip

I must say it looks very good, I sat down and played around with it for an hour or so yesterday.

I couldnt figure out how to enable the controlls for the arms thou. Anyone know?

And thank U Kees. I will for sure give u my opinion once I get the time to really try it out : )

Yay! Thank you very much.

And Pen for giving some instructions about how to use it. Will play around with it later this week.

11 November 2004
Hi again

I stumbled on another problem, the fingers. Is there built in fingersliders? Kind of strange if there isnt, since everything else seems so carefully planned and included.

Anyone who knows?

11 November 2004
Googled like a maniac and searched here and found this:

Quote: CG Academy to support PuppetShop
I’m sure many of you are aware of PuppetShop, the new FREE character rigging and animation system by Kees Rijnen. This system has been built by Kees from the foundation of Max’s core animation systems, but expands upon these with a fast and easy to use character rig building system that supports IK/FK blending, Mo-Cap data loading and use and a non-linear animation system plus many more features.

At CG Academy we’ve been very interested in Kees’ work and we’d like to give him and PuppetShop the help that it deserves. To that end we are now hosting a PuppetShop specific topic on the CG Academy Forum with Kees as moderator and we’d like to invite any new and existing users of PuppetShop to use it for airing their issues, bug items or indeed wishes for future versions.

I hope everyone can help to make PuppetShop a success and will give Kees the support and feedback he needs to push PuppetShop’s development forward.
A search on that website revealed nothing much tho. All over the web there are accolades to puppetshop and that's where it stops.

I managed to get what looks like a vertibrea into max6 and it bent around beautifully in all the right directions very smoothly. As I am new to poly rigging this is a very interesting developement but like I said scouring the web for info has turned up nothing. That could be because I am looking in the wrong places. I noticed through other websites that there was a tutorial available (also a video) so somewhere the info must exist. I wouldn't expect anyone to host this info without kees's permission and also due to bandwidth usage. However if anyone has any ideas about the basics I would be very appreciative.

This systems looks womderfull.

Greetings Kanga

11 November 2004
Well, here ya go... first tutorial which I had downloaded and saved just before puppetshop was pulled. 'building a puppet'. Sorry if it's not kosher to post this. Just let me know, and I'll take it off. I can only leave it up for a little while, though. Cheers.

http://personal.mem.bellsouth.net/m/a/mahlonb/

Mahlon

11 November 2004
Originally Posted by Mahlon: Well, here ya go... first tutorial which I had downloaded and saved just before puppetshop was pulled. 'building a puppet'. Sorry if it's not kosher to post this. Just let me know, and I'll take it off. I can only leave it up for a little while, though. Cheers.

Mahlon

Thanx man!

Been checking my post every couple of hours just in case. Came through crystal clear. I really hope Kees gets the support he deserves because this looks like a brilliant system and extremely quick.

Thanx again.
Kanga

11 November 2004
Well shoot, the tutorial is already down. If there's any way you can put it back up, email it or anything, I'd appreciate it. Cuz after playing around with it, I don't have a clue what to do.

Last edited by Waple : 11 November 2004 at 02:26 AM.

11 November 2004
WoW~ I am amazed!
THanx so much Kees! I don't know how you do it!
_C

12 December 2004
it's a great tool! impressive Kees!

I'm just so very stumped as to how to rig the fingers? Does anyone have a tutorial on how to do this?

help appreciated

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

12 December 2004
Unhappy

I definately would like to try it out, Unfortunately none of the links work at all. :(

12 December 2004
ChadTHX1138, I can send you PuppetShop 1.04 via e-mail. Or maybe i can upload it to my web... Kees ?

12 December 2004
No Thanks.

Last edited by ChadTHX1138 : 12 December 2004 at 04:42 PM.

12 December 2004
Just tried this out - seems very robust and simple to use. Is this product supported in any way - commercially or otherwise?
Are there any tutorials for using puppetshop with layers and mo-cap?

--magilla

12 December 2004
Originally Posted by magilla: ....Is this product supported in any way - commercially or otherwise?

Its gone all quiet around the plugin. As far as I know the site has been down for ages. There was supposed to be support in the form a forum which never went ahead. Anytime anyone hosts tutorials their servers get swamped and the site goes down due to bandwidth problems.

We will have to wait and see.

01 January 2005
Willing to offer help

Hey Kees,
My name is Benjamin Dean. I am an artist out of Indianapolis. I have a 3d artist community web site which I am trying to get going. I know that there are some issues on your servers with hosting and bandwidth at other places for supporting of Puppetshop.
I have plenty of bandwidth and space so I could house this for you and promote it effectively, because Puppetshop is the shiznit man!!! . I have some forums up and if you want I could set up a forum for peer to peer support and what not.
I would of course provide you with all considerations of copyright, free advertising for your software, and a nice little place to allow people to get your software.

If you or any other users are interested in having me do this, it would be no trouble and I can get it done within a few hours of being asked to do so. After you offering that amazing little tool for 3DSMax for free....it is the least I can do to help get that thing out there for people to use and know who made it.

Once again, way cool of you to design such a nifty and functional tool like Puppetshop and then be so awesome as to pass it around free of charge. I love to help people who help their communities...SUPACOOL man.

Thanks,
Benjamin "The Wave" Dean
thewave@fuzionwave.biz
www.fuzionwave.biz

Thread Closed share thread