Rigging problem - interchange value

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2013
Rigging problem - interchange value

The img above is Brad Noble's free skeleton rig.
I'm trying to rig something myself, but I can't figure out how to make value interchangeable.

I can change the Spinner control to affect Bone toe R but not vice versa, while it's possible in Brad's rig.

Can anyone share a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

07 July 2013
Hello,

Instance the specific rotation controller to the controller which effects the spinner/slider. If you're using MAXScript to create spinners and sliders UI items, make sure that their given an #angle parameters type rather than #float, otherwise instancing won't work.

If you have a parameter which has a #float value you can still make this work by doing a two-way wire parameter between rotational track of the toe (assume it's called RotX) and the spinner/slider (assume it's called testParam), but by default rotation values are treated as radians and so you have to convert them to degrees and vice versa. So you're two-way parameter connecting will look like this degToRad(testParam) <---> radToDeg(RotX).

-Harry

07 July 2013
Thank you Harry ^^ It works great!

07 July 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread