Maya rigging help biped with Wheel

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Maya rigging help biped with Wheel

Hi there,
I am beginner to maya animation and rigging and I made this character which I wanna rig but this might be a newbish question. I wanna rig my character, it's a biped but with wheel, does not have legs. So I am confused on how to rig this. I have to rig this for my school project in a couple of days. I really need help on this. Cheers. Please reply as soon as possible.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e8dsjvk970ztwz1

Old 11 November 2012   #2
Unfortunately I can't open your file, try taking a screenshot of it so that we can at least see the form of it.

As for rigging, it always helps to know exactly what you will need out of the character when it is finished. If you simply need it to roll along on the wheel, then that is all you need to rig. If you need it to have upper body animation as well as roll on the wheel, then you will have to meld two types of rigs together, a character and a mechanical. For the upper body, look around for some tutorials on how to do IK and FK chains, again think about what you will need out of the arms and torso, don't do work you don't need to do. For the wheel(s) look at some basic mechanical rigs, like a bicycle, car, or if he only has one wheel, a unicycle would be perfect. The part where you might get confused is the combining of the two, remember that even in a normal human, the upper body and lower body are connected at the same point, the hips. You simply need to find the best way to have the wheel(s) connect to the hips.

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Originally Posted by puma6870: it's a biped but with wheel, does not have legs.
Haha, sorry this made me laugh

biped

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Originally Posted by royg: Haha, sorry this made me laugh

biped

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/at...=1&d=1149211362

Clearly superior

Old 11 November 2012   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread