Reference problem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2012   #1
Reference problem

Hi everybody, i have a little problem with reference object. The first time, i reference only the model into scene, create bone and rig for it. Then they want to put the skeleton along into the model. I do so, and next time, when i re-reference the model scene into the rig scene again., mesh's position is a mess up, not like in model scene.

Even i had clean up the rig scene, but nothing change. There's a node connect to the shape mesh call deformed. I don't know what it is, and when i try to delete it, the mesh texture is gone.
Here an picture. Anything would help. thanks

Old 09 September 2012   #2
whenever we reference a model and we put a deformer on to it, maya automatically creates a new shape node with deformed written on to it and makes the actual shape node an intermediate object. you should not delete the deformed mesh because all the history of the deformation acts on this mesh node.

But in ur scene "mesh's position is a mess up" means bad-deformation or model is shifted from its original position? Did u just added the bone in the model file or did the enveloping too? Most of the time i had trouble is with the naming of the geometry. Check to see if ur model's geometry name is same, the next time u re-reference.

sorry for my bad english.

Old 09 September 2012   #3
@Pranaw : Thank for replay
Yeah, that's what i guess so far, however, i don't know what to do with that. I can't upload this scene because its on going so, i attach an image with this.

The position of cloud is difference from model scene.

And all the model, bone, rig's name are same. Because of the model's name is not change, so Maya apply the transform node in the new one. Which its shouldn't be so, any solution?

Old 09 September 2012   #4
Hi,
It looks like from your picture the bound model is rotated counter clockwise by a few degrees, so maybe check to be sure the bound joints didn't rotate accidentally hence moving the mesh from its original position.

Hope this helps.
cheers,
Nate

Old 09 September 2012   #5
No, the position of cloud's geo is same, it relate to the ref's transform node, because if i change the geo's name, everything work fine. But i can't do it, either re-reference, there are a lot of trouble, so the best way is find a way to fix it.

Old 09 September 2012   #6
Hi,
If its not skinning and has something to do with name clashing, maybe check some
of the reference options, name clash options to possibly use namespaces and resolve all nodes with a file name or string. I'm guessing about this but hope its helpful.

Cheers,
Nate

Old 09 September 2012   #7
Thank for the advise Nate, i will re-check the scene

Old 09 September 2012   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread