morpher tip in 3ds max

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2012   #1
morpher tip in 3ds max

I created a facial rig using bone and so far its working great. I used some morpher on top for better definition and deform.
but when I rotate the jaw sideway the theeth comes out of the opposite side so I would need to create a morpher to fix it when the jaw is rotating sideways however due to the complexity of teh mesh in this region its pretty much impossible to much it.

IS to fix the deformation on the skinned mesh using somekind of modifier then transfer this modifier on afresh morphing head and then re-apply this morpher on the head ( after removing the first fix) ?

I tried using a edit poly on top of my skin and then transfer it on a fresh head but it didnt give the results I wanted it worked 50%

The thing is its nearly impossible to fix it the way I create morpher ( use 2 head, edit the morphing head and display the results automatically on the skinned head)

After looking at the screens I 'm thinking that I can surely fix it with skinning but still ... does anyone knows a good piepeline tips to create morpher for fixing deformation?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg facial.jpg (95.6 KB, 18 views)

Old 03 March 2012   #2
ideally i would skin the head as good as possible, maybe i would create some extra joins to help with the skin, and once everything works fairly good i'd use skinMorph modifier to fix some regions. Just make a copy of the head in the position you wanna fix, fix it and add that fixed head to the skinmorph thingy, and that should do it..

Old 03 March 2012   #3
mrfred:

Hi there,

Based on your questions, I think what metamesh suggested is best solution for your problem.
But in general about good pipeline to create morphs for fixing deformation:

Blendshape/morph + skinned mesh/bones
If you need to fix specific case like when certain angle of bone A + morph B creates a problem - create a corrective shape for that state of mesh. There is good post here in this forum, just search "corrective shape" and post by Brad Noble in that thread.

Collision of 2 morphs
If you need to fix specific case of morph A and morph B don't mix well - create a corrective shape for this case. Very similar to previous.

Driving corrections
You can use reactions, or script controller / maxscript in case of 3ds Max.

Old 03 March 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread