OT: Save my Dog!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
Quote: Originally posted by draconix

I feel you, man. My dog was poisened because the neighborhood kids wanted acces to our fruit trees.

WTF??? care to elaborate? who poisoned your dog? the neighborhood kids?

I would cut the tree down.... no dog no fruit after all is your tree. Man stories like that ticked me off.

Motion Blur's A Step Below

10 October 2003
Recently in the news -

A man who loves and has study for brown bears for years is killed along with a girlfriend.

A man who performs with tigers most of his life is bit and pulled off stage - He came within an inch of his life.

A child is mauled while walking home from school by a dog.

In the same light someone not wanting to pay for a six-pack of beer kills a Storeowner.

No point

10 October 2003
Thanks all!

Draconix - so sorry to hear! was it a pitbull?

Myazaki - thanks, Ive actually sent out at least 1000 emails in the past few days to all local and national dog people! and Im not done! oh yeah and ive moved her already, it sucks shes OK, but when i leave her every day she freaks out crying! as do i....:(

Freak - sign it anyway, send it to everyone you know!

Wade- actually thats the point, thats life...shit happens...why punish the innocent?

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

*please read- cyanbsl.blogspot.com/*

10 October 2003
I'm pleased to see such a great response! I really hope this works out well for you.

If it hasn't already been mentioned. There's some great infomation here

Pitbull Zone
CGUnderground

Eeye
Recent Works
Animals
Brian, Edge *NEW*

10 October 2003
My best friend has a pit bull mix. One of the friendliest dogs I've ever met. I wouldn't even be afraid to take food away from it - it's THAT friendly. On the other end of the spectrum, I've known a golden retriever, traditionally the friendliest breed, that was mean and would bite you without much provocation. Heck, we had a daschund when I was younger that would cry if you made a face at it, rather than growl back.

It really is in how you raise an animal.

I would encourage you to move out of town, though... the law is 14 years old and hasn't been overturned, apparently, in all that time, so it has to have sticking power. Someone should have told you before you moved in that your dog was illegal. Your realtor or landlord did you a great disservice.

10 October 2003
webfox, I am moving because I have to, to be with my dog again!
the law is unconstitutional and bullshit and was only passed because there wasnt anyone like me to fight...its only been challenged once the past 10 yrs! I will win this case! I have lawyers with the ACF who have EXPERT scientists that can prove without a doubt that breed has NOTHING to do with dog attacks, and without a doubt responsible behavior training has everything to do with it! if you read the petition you will see the Supreme Court has already said that pitbulls arent dangerous, so the law in denver slipped through the cracks and is illegal. get it?

you have no heart webfox? you keep telling me to just move, or drop my dog, like its nothing...got any kids? got anyone you love?
im sorry but youre ignorant of the facts if you disagree that this is an unconstitutional, rascist of sorts law...and if you think the breed is a bad, mean breed naturally.

ban the bad guys, not the innocent!
my dog has never hurt a soul, and would only lick you to death!

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

10 October 2003
I did not encourage you to lose the dog. I am not ignorant, nor am I without a heart. If you read my posts, I pointed out that I think the law is bull. I also, repeatedly stated that whoever helped you move in has done you wrong by not warning you before you attempted your move.

I have nothing against your dog, nor you. In fact, I just pointed out that it really does have nothing to do with the breed, and gave examples to illustrate the point you had made.

I am not worried about the animal, but I would ask the owner not to bite me, please.

10 October 2003
sorry, im a little spent this past week....i dont bite.
you just keep talking about the landlord, which has nothing to do with this....I knew about this absurd law! that doesnt make the law right does it?

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

10 October 2003
BS. Pit Bulls are a mean viscous animal, and they should kill that breed to extinction. It is not the trainers who make them viscous alone, it is the breed.

I'm sorry you happen to own one, but its just a dog, buy a different one. Anyone who would move and change there life for a animal is insane crazy. It's an animal, not your wife or child. I would rather see a person give the dog away to a family that can contain and control a pit bull, then move to keep it. How ludicrous.

I find it so ridulous that people will spend thousands of dollars on there animals each year to keep them in good health (vet) and feed them, that they often scrimp to put food on there own plate or there childrens plate...Or better yet, "Sorry sweetie, but daddy can't get you that doll today, we need dog food."

I am laughing inside.

10 October 2003
Fourd, stop drinking, man... it makes you mean. Besides, it's not even 5 o'clock.

10 October 2003
Well, I should say, that why my post is angry...it is not nessacarily directed at the owner of this particular Pit Bull, but rather at all animal owners who put the welfare of animals above that of themselves and family and/or other humans.

10 October 2003
I can see this thread going downhill, lets keep it above the bar.

Quote: BS. Pit Bulls are a mean viscous animal, and they should kill that breed to extinction. It is not the trainers who make them viscous alone, it is the breed.

That is incorrect. Although we must be honest. A pitbull is a very obediant, powerfull and persistant breed of dog. If put into the wrong hands it can be trained to become very dangerous. Notice I said if put into the wrong hands.

Certain traits can in fact be bred into animals. The fact that the pitbull was trained to bite down on a bulls nosering and not let go, is not one of them.

Their power, persistance and Obedience is an example of breeding traits. But this does not make them dangerous, only if trained that way.

A horse is also very powerful animal, very obediant and persistant, does this make it dangerous? Sure pitbulls used to be trained to fight, but so did horses. If you ban the dog, ban the horse.

Quote: Anyone who would move and change there life for a animal is insane crazy. It's an animal, not your wife or child. I would rather see a person give the dog away to a family that can contain and control a pit bull, then move to keep it. How ludicrous.

I would. I guess I'm crazy then. My dog is the only family I have.

And while we are on the topic. Your a mammal, just like the dog.
CGUnderground

Eeye
Recent Works
Animals
Brian, Edge *NEW*

10 October 2003
Fourd, he's not putting the welfare of the animal above his own. He's making a small sacrifice to keep it by moving. It's not like he's dontating a kidney to keep it alive.

Get a job, man... maybe exercise... reduce your stress... heck ... get laid once in a while. You might find that you hate everyone else a little less. Just a little... but it might be enough to make you tolerable in public.

Last edited by webfox : 10 October 2003 at 09:15 PM.

10 October 2003
lol..I got some last night..Thanx though. No seriously, I do not dislike animal lovers per say, or any other human. Just don't like how people always "just have to" sacrifice something/anything to keep an animal...

10 October 2003
Please keep this thread peaceful!

Thread Closed share thread