OT: Save my Dog!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2003
probably by the same damn polititians that say you shouldn't have guns because they are dangerous.

polititians need to understand that there can not be freedom without property rights.

Then they pass laws that they never intend to be enforced.

I'm 515 bud.

Motion Blur's A Step Below

10 October 2003
512 here. I've got a rottweiler that I love to death. If he was ever 'banned' due to his breed, I would be outragged. BTW, the rottweiler I have is one of the friendlist, funny, and good-hearted dogs I've known.

10 October 2003
Signed!

Comment: How about we take your kids for looking the way they do. Prejudice Bastards!

10 October 2003
Was this the same dog they talked abut on Channel 2 morning news on Monday? I was not paying to much attention to it at the time. There are several houses around me up for sale if you are interested and they all have lots of land (greater then a acre). Bad news I'm in Niwot, making it Boulder cnty, the cheapest house is over a million, and if you have to drive to Denver for work, I-25 from here is a bitch at best in the morning.

10 October 2003
Thanks for all the support!

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

*please read- cyanbsl.blogspot.com/*

10 October 2003
Not sure what this has to do with CG but I'll bite (no pun intended!)...

I agree that this is a ridiculous law. Staffordshire Terriers (a.k.a Pit Bulls) get a bad rap because of the owners. It's irresponsible owners and their reasons behind getting this type of dog that gives them a bad name. I know a lot of S.T.'s that are just fantastic w/ children and people in general. I think the people that are interested in getting this breed should be screened but the breed itself should not be simply banned! I'll be signing this petition!

P.S. I love dogs (except the little yappy ones- which should be banned) and have a Lab.

Listen: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Last edited by Signal2Noise : 10 October 2003 at 11:36 PM.

10 October 2003
Angry Hi Howard,

I'm not a U.S citizen but I sympathize with you and Cyan. I own a wonderful Rottweiler, who makes a joy of every moment we share. BTW I noticed that Cyan is a very rare Blue Pit Bull, and that makes her even more special.

Signal to Noise, Staffordshire Terriers are a separate breed form Pit Bulls. They are both terriers, but apart from that they're just two different breeds.

I wish you good luck,

10 October 2003
Thanks!

Actually, Pit Bull is not a breed, its just a derogatory term that clumps together American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier and American Pit Bull Terrier...along with in some places, Mastiffs and larger dogs that look like terriers.
And all dog breeds have the same blood, genetic makeup, even SKULL....lockjaw is a lie made by the media. There are no EVIL genes in pits nor any dog....
read more from the links on my site to learn!

Reel - 3DInk.com
Filmography -IMDB
R&D - VIMEO

*please read- cyanbsl.blogspot.com/*

10 October 2003
Good luck for your petition Howard. One of my dogs died 3months ago, but she was very old and had a good life.
The Dog, best friend of human being
Quote: Originally posted by HowardM
There are no EVIL genes in pits nor any dog....

I agree. It`s not the dog, it`s the dog owner. These people should be punished.

Last edited by Miyazaki : 10 October 2003 at 12:12 AM.

10 October 2003
Hmmm, not to get into a debate SMH but according to breeders that I know the "breeds" are one in the same. The AKC recognize the Pit Bull as American Staffordshire Terriers while the UKC and some other kennel associations call the same breed American Pit Bulls. Perhaps HowardM can clear this up (and he already did two posts up!). If I've been given misinformation then I stand corrected.

Listen: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

10 October 2003
No. 557

Sorry to hear your situation. I hope this gets repealed.

richcz3

10 October 2003
I signed up too, though i`m from Sofia /Bulgaria/ but i love those dogs too! It`s so ridiculous man!

10 October 2003

good luck mate hope you get this sorted out, from a fellow dog lover in the UK. (My own being a Black Lab)
I think the girl friend would of killed them if they have come round here after our dog.

10 October 2003

Totally ridiculous lawmaking.

10 October 2003
Is the purpose of this legislation an attempt to curb the popularity of the so called "pit bull" breed made even more popular in recent years by the rap/hip hop culture? i.e. Ludacris and others?

Thread Closed share thread