Check out the news on Luxology.net!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
well not to sound like a party pooper, but "enhanced character animation tools" can be just a fancy term that Newtek is using to include something that is basic and old news on other programs.

"Enhanced" could mean finally having a dopesheet. Big deal. Well for LW it is I guess.

Or real animatable weighted constraints... not a silly plug-in.

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by takkun
Larry, you're holding back on us- You're the "Newtek Pro, Editor-at-Large" as it says in your sig. You have got to be preparing for a Siggraph issue soon, most likely with lots of LW8 info. But I don't expect you to say anything now, but a screenshot says a lot without words you know.

A screenshot would also just leave more questions than answers.
I like Splinegod's assesment that having new programmers is probably good. Even if they're not "more talented", they'll at least have a new perspective and different ideas on how to code something.
That's gotta be a good thing.

06 June 2003
I also agree with Wescoman--Larry, I got your point about Luxology. While I'm not asking you to take both sides of the debate, I would like a little easing up on the knee-to-groin action.

I'm content to see what develops. I hope there's a dramatic difference to the development of Lightwave. 'garage' is an appropriate tag for the policies and product of the last 2 years. I would also love better service by Newtek on the Mac platform. We'll see.

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Miyazaki
Poor newtek developers. They`re under huge pressure. We should open an official newtek developer charity thread I don`t wanna swap places with them. So in order to reassure them: ' Heads up, girls and boys, you´ll make it(I hope)'

This pressure can be a good thing for Lightwave's future!!
also, if i was in ppl from Lux, i'd feel the same pressure as well!!

'nuff said

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by SplineGod
You hit it on the head. No other companies out their has done more to screw up the LW market more the Lux. I think the comparison between Lux and smoke is a good one.

An opinion which no one has been more vocal about then you.

06 June 2003
Quote: Originally posted by WesComan
Ahhh come on Larry!...is it really neccesary to stick the boot in to Luxology every time they get mentioned? As you say there's some serious talent there and I'm for one interested in seeing what they can cook up starting with a clean sheet of paper. You say their product is none existent...so...er...they're just hanging around drinking beer are they? With all your negative posts about Luxology I'm beginning to get the impression that all the cool guys have gone to a really great party and a certain somebody wasn't invited!... Perhaps we should all just chill out, hang loose, crack open a tinnie and wait to be inundated with a whole host of funky new tools for us to use.

Its obvious that Lux has done nothing more then confuse the LW user base to the point that some people arent thinking of going over to Lux but switching to Maya or something else. If Lux has a product then show it. Go over the Luxs FAQ page, read it and tell me what all the excess verbiage means. Lux has been around for at least a year now. What have they done except target the LW community trying to divide it. I dont see them doing any marketing at anyone else. You dont even see them anywhere doing much of anything. Once in a great while they pop up at some event being vague. Newtek has been about as forthcoming as you can get. Theyve offered some nice upgrade paths to LW8.
Lux sounds like an Invader Zim episode..."We're working on....STUFF!"

Thread Closed share thread