OT- Great Movie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2002
OT- Great Movie

http://bventertainment.go.com/movie...way/index2.html

Just got back from this movie...it's a must see...all I can say is....Holy S**T....this movie Rox!

10 October 2002
yup, ive seen it in japanese (Sen to Chihiro) and its great.

cant beat Nausicaa from the same studio though...

studio ghibli are anime gods, family movies for adults...

10 October 2002
I'd like to add my recommendation. I'm envious that Proton got to see it on the big screen, here in the UK there's no news about a theatrical release (I believe Pathe have the UK distribution rights?)

I recently got the Spirited Away R2 DVD from Japan which has English subtitles but no English dub (It does have a French dub, but I tend to prefer subs anyway).

It's an excellent movie, very imaginative and incredibly well animated, with some subtle and effective use of CGI. I'd also recommend pretty much anything done by the same director; Hayao Miyazaki, or the other Studio Ghibili movies.

The R2 release includes a second disk with a version of the movie that allows you to toggle to the storyboards as the soundtrack plays.

If you're thinking of getting the Japanes R2 DVD of Spirited Away you might want to check into the red tint "controversy" (search Google). My take on it; there is a pronounced red tint when viewed on my Mitsubishi monitor, but it's correctable with the DVD software. On my JVC TV the tint is much less noticable, and can be fixed by setting the TV tint to "cool". In other words, the red tint is there, but not bad enought to warrant not buying the disk.

Regards,
Terry

10 October 2002
If you guys find a copy of My Neighbor Tutoro on DVD I would be up for a trade...I've looked but have not found it yet...I love that movie!

10 October 2002
Are you looking for an english dubbed version or an english subtitled version of Totoro on dvd?
There are plenty of chinese dvd's of the Ghibli studio work on ebay but aren't quite legit as far as I can tell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=1568734154

I viewed Spirited Away last weekend. Lots of eye candy. Some elements of the film are a bit of a departure/new approach for Miyazaki.

I'm looking forward to the dvd release of Laputa which if I recall correctly is slated for this month. Too bad disney backed down from a theatrical rerelease of it.

Last edited by Chewey : 10 October 2002 at 04:14 PM.

10 October 2002
Totoro is out in Region 2, a fully legit Japanease release, including the English dub (I think it's the dub that Disney did - could be wrong about that). This is in the same 2 disk format as the other R2 Ghibili movies. Disk 1 is the feature with Japanese or English audio, and English Subs. Disk 2 has the movie/storyboard toggle I mentioned earler but with only Japanese audio.

I got mine from CDJapan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VWDZ-8002

They're pretty fast at shipping overseas. Outside of Europe (or Japan) you'll need a region free DVD player of course, or something like DVD genie (region resetter) and a region free DVD ROM to watch it on your PC.

Laputa is also out in R2 (got it last week), English audio on this one as well.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VWDZ-8014

The DVD menus are all Japanese, but easy enough to work out...

Regards,
Terry

10 October 2002
Hey THere's no harm to ask... Newtek gives money to cgtalk?

10 October 2002
Ok --

1. What threat?

2. Did you just call Proton a Chicken??

3. Money to CGTalk? It says at the top of my screen that Pixologic and the Gnomon School are the sponsors of CGTalk.

4. Did you really call Proton a Chicken??

10 October 2002
May i say?

I was asking some questions yesterday about some presets and of a future lightwave.

I don't know the reasons of why was deleted my threat.

I say chicken, he can refuse to it, but if u can't confront someone u're a chicken...........

Sorry for the granmar.

10 October 2002
Well, if it was indeed a threat -- that's no good -- so that's probably why it was deleted.

10 October 2002
nooo i mean a topic THREAD NOT SOMETHING ELSE

10 October 2002
No need to shout.

Ok -- I see what's happening here. I am sorry to say that it is a language barrier.

I'll try harder to be patient.

10 October 2002
smukai, I'm afraid your thread was deleted because you simply came to close to revealing key components of LW8's feature set:

1) "Realigons": An intelligent mesh format that utilizes revolutionary new artificial intelligence algorithms to interpret what the user intended to create. Make a lumpy blob, and Realigons will attempt to convert the blob into a human head, jack-o-lantern, or Rosie O'Donnell.

2) "PlanetTracer": A plugin that procedurally generates full planets, complete with texture maps and atmospheres. Choose your planet size, atmosphere type, and ability to support life forms.

3) "ImpressionMaker": An internet enabled plugin that regularly combs the web searching for the latest work created by competing software. ImpressionMaker will catalog and interpret the images it finds and create a similar, but BETTER image - in an attempt to please clients, co-workers and superiors.

Of course the features will be tied together with a new natural language speech interface, to save the user from tedious mouse clicks and key presses...

Sorry for thread crapping, I couldn't resist. I did check out the Spirited Away trailer - it does look beautiful!

Last edited by intvSlams : 10 October 2002 at 08:24 PM.

10 October 2002
WTF, we don't need this in this otherwise nice forum. Noone calling other people nigga, or someones mom a bitch. Get in the game or get lost.

WIP Skaven, Rat Warrior

10 October 2002
I belive that somone saw the NIGGA PLEASE COMMERCIAL.

It Was fun..
Something else... What bitch???

Thread Closed share thread