Cinematic Game Icons - Character - Gamoron

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
I've been sending her stuff via email which she has been uploading to the thread. There's at least one update in the pipeline, but it doesn't look like she's gotten to it yet. I think she's probably overloaded at the moment working on two things at once.
Anyway, this is the first time we've collaborated on a cgtalk challenge, so we don't really have the process down.

06 June 2003
I really like the expressions in this peice, like the over-exagerated look of anger/ pain/ whatever on the lead, its genious

06 June 2003
Fantastic work, man. You illustration skills are simply breath-taking...I literally gasped when I saw them, and then slowly began uttering all sorts of foul things under my breath.

Really looking forward to seeing where you take this.

-3DZ

06 June 2003
What can one say.................Just sit back and enjoy is what i will be doing.You know it's going be great.bring it on Gamoron,bring it on.

06 June 2003
Great sketches, the lines are full of energy, as the last character´s pose. Love the last composition, that should do a great box cover or poster. The little pet imitating the apprentice pose is really funny.

Go go go!

Feel the pancreas experience!

06 June 2003
Cheers guys.

Zealot: I hope you're aying nice things now. Unless its to some dummy.

Virtuoso: It's already been broughten... I think.

Pancreas: I wish he could march around that town your working on.

Now I'm stumped. I've been thinking about my composition and I was thinking of changing it. Not completely. But changing it. Centering her and taking out the guys on the right and then changing the apprentice. Making him in a more pensive pose like the first image I drew. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I should quickly do it up and ask what you all think then.

Last edited by Gamoron : 06 June 2003 at 04:00 AM.

06 June 2003
So I did this...

But I might still do both ideas. Keeping the same background.

06 June 2003
Nice dynamic pose and compsition.
You should definatly go with this one .

I agree with Pancreas this would look great as as a cover or poster piece.

06 June 2003
Y O U A R E T O O G R E A T !

W o r d l e s s !

EXCITED!(not sexually )

B-movie

06 June 2003
Piouuuf ! Really nice composition ! dynamic, expressionfull (I don't know if I can say that in english ! Nothing wrong to say !

06 June 2003
Wow Gamoron this really has a lot of energy to it. Really digging this.

06 June 2003
Rey: Cheers Mate. I'm feeling better about it now. I'm trying to make it a poster design

-OZ-: Glad you're keeping yourself under control. Coming from a guy whos work I respect so much, I'm so happy.

Totyo: Thanks for saying nothing but good things.

cleptocat: Cheers man. I'm glad you like it. I've been starting to second guess it.

06 June 2003
!!!

Hey Gamoron,

looking good but it feels unbalanced now with the female on the left side and nothing on the right. I really like how everything is coming together. A suggestion I was thinking when I saw this would be to have this awesome atmosphere over your main character with tons of ships or amazing sky etc. Then have that blend into the older guy above as if hes controlling everything. Then have a perspective shift where a ton of depth like in 3d, goes from the little gremlins to the main character. Just an idea thrown up in the air to help out. Looking forward to that next update, either way I know its going to come out great..

SEL

06 June 2003
That is actually an awesome suggestion dude. I've been mulling over what to do about all this space around him. It is a little too bland there eh? Maybe I'll have to expand the canvas. Great Idea!

06 June 2003
Update. I was trying to implement SEL's suggestions and I came up with this. I felt that it looked odd having him looking the way he did without something before him. So I've stuck a generic dude in front of him and increased the canvas size. I'll be working more on the BG as well I want to come up with something creative for the demons.

C&C welcome!

Last edited by Gamoron : 06 June 2003 at 09:25 PM.

share thread