The Hapless Hero - character - Kirt

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
The Hapless Hero - character - Kirt

:reallyHUGEgrin:

So many ideas ... so little time!
I'll be coming back to this, just reserving some space for now.

03 March 2003
this time none of you 2d guys cans ay we 3d guys ignore you, im makingit a point to watch both

*shamless plug alert* Check out my Character Modeling / Texturing DVD's

03 March 2003
subscribing...

:airguitar

03 March 2003
I'm watching you Kirt

03 March 2003
I have a feeling most of us won't stand a chance against you in the comic department, Kirt! Can't wait to see your concepts

03 March 2003
Well, I have about 3 different ideas for heros already. I just have to find some free time to draw them. My favorite so far is The Sloth! He's always a week late to save the day.

Sounds too funny to be original. Anyone know if that character was on the Tick or other similar show? I don't watch much TV so I may be reinventing characters already done.

03 March 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Kirt
Sounds too funny to be original. Anyone know if that character was on the Tick or other similar show? I don't watch much TV so I may be reinventing characters already done.

Well I watched a fair bit of the tick cartoon, I don't recollect any Sloth, but thats exactly the kind of stuff they would do.I like the idea

03 March 2003

go go go

03 March 2003
Talking I'm just getting warmed up ...

OK I took a little less than 2 hours on this just to get the juices flowing. This is not a final idea ... just something to play with. No WIP images either because I'd consider it a speedpaint. Consider it something for you to look at for awhile until I get caught up on my film project.

Name: Zachary Billough (aka The Poser)

Description: Zach spends a little bit too much time reading comic books when he's not working as a Custodial Engineer for the local school district. He aspires to be like many of his favorite pulp action heroes and has created his own costume out of remnants of a professional wrestlers outfit that he bought off of E-bay.

Superpowers: Zach has a large video collection and is overly fond of catch phrases from his favorite action films. He can bore you death with his horridly off-beat impersonations of Arnold ("I'll be back"), Bruce ("Yippee Kai Yai Yay M---- F---!") or Deniro ("Are you talking to me?").

Weaknesses: Zach doesn't fight crime (or get out of the house too often) because he finds that he looks rather "studly" in his homemade costume. He vigilantly flexes and poses for himself while reciting the aforementioned movie dialogs. Zachary cannot pass by a mirror without looking at himself.

Base of Operations: Zach lives with his mom.

03 March 2003
hahaha
Looks funny, i like it a lot.
I really would like seeing the mom of a guy like that Where is she ?

03 March 2003
I don't know why, but Kirt's creatures always beg me to model them in 3D! ... now that ball-belly attracts me strongly!
it's a little ... you know, looks like a ... forget it! LOL!

"Billions of bilious blue blistering barbecued barnacles!...Cannibal!"

Last edited by ilasolomon : 03 March 2003 at 12:01 AM.

03 March 2003
LOL @ ila

ewwww ... he's supposed to be repulsive. You sicko!

03 March 2003
Ewww...lol He's so pasty! I love the farmer's tan and the outty belly button.

03 March 2003
OK ... here's another one that I did this morning. I should be working on something else, but this challenge is way too much fun.

Name: Billy Thornton (aka Overactive Bladderman)

Description: Billy was a frequent bed-wetter in his youth. As he went through puberty he discovered that what was once thought to be a childhood calamity, was in fact his unique super power. He soon learned that he could increase the volume of his urinations at will.

Superpowers: Give Billy a 2 liter bottle of soda and soon you'll be facing the wrath of his "Bladder Buster Vortex", "Tsunami Splash", "Golden Shower" or "The Geyser of Doom!"

Weaknesses: Well ... he has a weak bladder and they don't make diapers big enough for him. Kinda says it all don't it?

Base of Operations: Billy has a secret hideout located beneath a rest stop on Hwy 99, just north of Turlock, California.

share thread