Races of Middle Earth-character-wildsheepchase

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
What's in the water over there in Arizona????? Because whatever it is I want some over here in Malibu........Really a wonderful image,I think it's spot on beautiful,great depth and colors,the feel is surreal but warm. I want this creation in a full length movie now! Really great work wildsheepchase.................. :airguitar

02 February 2003
Here's another update:

I wasn't completely happy with the last version I loaded. I think it lost some detail and I thought the background looked a bit too pumped up after I changed the saturation. This update was my attempt to try and use the original background, but with the character more saturated. There was also some minor tweaking throughout the whole painting. I think I'm pretty much done with this, unless anyone has any crits to add.
Virtuoso: Thanks!

02 February 2003

02 February 2003
wow, very nice!

I like the mood you've achieved, much much better the new one with boosted saturation and constrast.
His left hand looks kinda weird, not sure if it's the proportions or the pose. Maybe you could add some more contrast on that area, looks like it confuses with the background more than the rest of the body.

keep drawing!

02 February 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Tommy Lee

DITTO............Ambiant,surreal,In-depth,stylistic to the max,fantastic.I cannot post 5 thumbs up anymore because I have Tommy Lee's up already. But If I could I would.

A true contender for this Challenge,among quite a few great entries.5 stars all the way.

02 February 2003
I love the paint and the mood here a lot, sheep. It took some time to find some constructive crits, here.

But I'll offer some suggestions for you though. The shoulders are at very different levels, but the elbows aren't. And I think you would see more of the chest if the body is twisted like that.
Last thing, and now I'm really trying to find things wrong here. The hand holding the fishing pole, doesn't really look like it's holding it. Can you see that the top of the hand, and the pole are going in two different directions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishermanoverlay.jpg (10.8 KB, 44 views)

Low - Poly Batman in Maya

Tiamat - The World Dragon (Maquette)

Online Tutorial: Character Rigging for Maya

03 March 2003
You´ll be the runnerup close behind Gamoron

Cheerz dudette

Tom

03 March 2003
He wildsheep, you're doing excellent in the voting
Good to see you in the top of the votings.
And this is one of the best things I've seen from you indeed. So, very well deserved IMO

03 March 2003
Hey Wild. Looking good so far. Can you post a link here to the version in cgchallenge? I tried to save your pic as... but it wouldn't let me have a copy. Awesome work, loving the details.

03 March 2003
omg I didn't expect it to do this well. Thanx to all of you for helping me make this image decent.

Gamoron: The version loaded on cgchallenge is the same as the last one in this thread...which I think you should be able to save. Let me know if you can't and I'll send you a version or try to fix it.

Jeroentje: Thanks!:cheers:

Tommy Lee: I don't know about your prediction...there's still a long ways to go and there is a ton of awesome entries this month. But thanks for the vote of confidence

dmcgrath: Thanks for the crits. I kind of ran out of time to work on this and it felt finished, if you know what I mean. I'll keep those crits in mind for my next piece though

Awesome challenge! I can't wait for the next !one :xtreme: :drumrock:

03 March 2003
!

, I bumped you into first , great piece overal, from start to finish! Great job, Hopefully next challenge Ill have more time.. Gotta get to school!

SEL

03 March 2003
I got it. Thanks Wild.

03 March 2003
Hell, you're still slaughtering, but all that you need is the other 5 missing votes and you'd be well beyond. Nice job.

share thread