Races of Middle Earth-character-wildsheepchase

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
May ya give some warm yellow(max 10-15% oppacity and 20% Flow) to the Higlights in multiple-mode with the airbrush to give a warmer look then spot in some white in normalmode with ca. 50% oppacity and 20% Flow. Make sure ya turned airbrush off!!!And also some high amplitude Highlits to the eyes: Normalmode up to 80% opacity and 20% Flow. Thats it... Now it should look something like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishermandetail.jpg (25.0 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by Tommy Lee : 01 January 2003 at 12:13 PM.

01 January 2003
Like your color choices. I might get a bit more orange/reds in there where the yellows are right now, so the piece is not entirely cold.

01 January 2003
Yeah I'd agree with the other 2. A bit of warm highlights in there, the mood of the scene is great but this guy is obviously a happy sort, and I think you should bring his joy out some how. I love it.

P.S. Do they walk hunched like that, or is he doing it for the image?

01 January 2003
Thanks guys! I had actually started to do exactly what you're suggesting...I just hadn't made enough progress to update
I'll be painting more today...so an update is coming a little later. I'll work those warm tones in
Thanx for the paintover, Tommy

01 January 2003
I agree with the rest, you really did a good job creating a sea atmosphere. looking forward to the next update.

01 January 2003
Ya welcome Rachel!!!

01 January 2003
Here's an update:

I will probably go back over and brighten some of those highlights again. They might not be warm enough yet...and I really liked Tommy Lee's paintover
Gamoron: I think I like the idea of the whole race being kind of hunched over. I picture this race being kind of apprehensive of outsiders and the stance of this guy kind of evokes that, I hope. Also, I think it helps make him a bit different from humans or elves...even though he has similiar proportions. I want him to look friendly, but also a little shifty if you know what I mean.
Slacker: Thanks!

01 January 2003
Great..just warm it up a bit more.. to get more contrast.
Keep going dudette

01 January 2003
Another update:

I'm beginning to work all the details back in and I'm just beginning to go over and add more layers of yellow/white into the highlight areas.

By the way, where is Sleepless these days? I'd really like to see what he would come up with for this challenge.

Thanx again, Tommy....you've been a huge help

01 January 2003
Talking

gosh!!!!

beatiful!!

nice colours!

maybe a blue one coming from the back....
i don't know

love everything

keep posting

c-ya

01 January 2003
You do a great job Rachel. Ive nothing to crit now.
Absolutly superb image

01 January 2003
Thank you, guys!!

01 January 2003
Well, I hope you improve it a little more. Though I can't see what you'll do to make it better, I'm loving it as is. Your work was awesome in the past too, but I think I can see that this shows that you've moved forward with your style. Gotten stronger with it.

01 January 2003
Thanx Gamoron
It's not done, yet. I still have a lot of little details in mind and I intend to go back and tweak the background some more. I feel like I learned a lot on this challenge, so far.
Thanx for the reply

share thread