Cinematic Game Icon: Character: SEL

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2003
Cool Cinematic Game Icon: Character: SEL

Hey all!

Could'nt resist entering this time around. Im strictly to art this time since I got a new wacom tablet! . Im currently working on my 2d portfolio and this category fits with what I like to draw, so might as well kill 2 birds with one stone! Lets have some fun!

Theme:

My game is going to be called "the Devels CRY", the characters im going to portray in the scene is the main character sphynx, and one of the devils soldiers. Going to try to depict a choice, whether to run, or turn around and fight. The game if ever created would be like the movie running man, except for the fact that with all the running comes fighting and vengence to restore order. Would be lovelly to see a game like this created with the Unreal engine!

Objective:
Im hoping the final outcome will be a fully colored comicbook type cover page related to online gaming!

SEL

This is a early mornings worth of work. Couldnt sleep! I think im turning into an insomniac and have no clue how to change it! GASP!!

Last edited by SEL : 06 June 2003 at 07:58 AM.

06 June 2003
First of all............. .......On the past challenge......CONGRATS............

Wonderful start on this one too.......

Yes you got to love those Wacom's,you will have lots of fun now. 2 Birds with one stone is my theory too,when you can do it.

Nice to see you in Sel...........

06 June 2003
WOW. This is going to be an amazing picture.
One question.
Do you use reference photos for the figure or do you draw from scratch?

Cant wait to see the next update:airguitar

06 June 2003
:)!!

mtmckinley - tnx! glad you like...

Virtuoso - , always a pleasure! The wacom is coming out of the box once I finish the pencil sketch! Big thanks for your support! As I said before, always a plus having a virtuoso on the boards!

Rey - Hey there Rey, Most of the time Ill draw with just a pencil and my sketchbook on hand and use my imagination. But if its something that is a paid job or something I want to really look correct, Ill use tons of different references to make sure the form of the body or scene fits. I think what normally takes me the longest is finding a great pose. I sometimes spend a whole day sketching until I find a pose and angle I like. Then go directly to the face. I hope I answered your question.

Alright all! Plan on me finishing the pencil sketch either tonight or tomarrow as im busy this month. The Coloring though since it will be my first time using a wacom will most likely take me the rest of the challenge, who knows, maybe sooner. Look for an update by tonight

SEL

06 June 2003
Nice Start SEL. Great Rendering! Looking forward to the final coloured piece.

06 June 2003
sexy and nasty!

06 June 2003
Another great concept from you I especially like the details you've got going on in the hand. No crits for now...just anxious to see how it will develop.

06 June 2003
very nice...right knee cap(her left) is a bit odd. Overall Id say that youve got something really special going on. Sweet!

06 June 2003
!!!

Thanks guys for the C & C!

Heres the update I promised. Im working on the environment now and hopefully will have that done ASAP.

SEL

06 June 2003
Insane detailing SEL! Your pencilling skills are fantastic man. I think you'd be best to put this in the Half Life 2 Engine. Whatever they are using.

06 June 2003
Very sleek,smooth,stylish..............What more can be said...............Well give us more you stylish artist you.

06 June 2003
Beautiful SEL!

Only thing looks funny to me is her neck...seems a little long.

But all in all....it's great!

06 June 2003
!!!@

Gamoron- hey thanks man! Never leave home without em! Pencils that is , im still waiting to see your next big update..

Virtuoso- Nuff Said!

digital_rhino- thanks, I see what your saying about the neck, but its always been my style to elongate, or exagerate form , if I was going for future realistic though I would see that crit very valuable and follow form precise. Tnx for the C & C none the less, theres always room for improvement!

Alright all, I finished the final pencils and hopefully will get to coloring it within the week... Finals will be taking most my time, so we'll see...

SEL

06 June 2003
I'm in love.....

share thread