CGS ENV 101 Members

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

4 Weeks Ago

Have to say Photoscan is damn impressive even at medium level this density cloud shot roughly is pretty impressive.
Picking up a few more shots today for the last of my week one experiments. Next week I'm going to cover masking
and breaking shots up with a more dedicated approach.

I have yet to try out recap so I will likely give it a try for the next Scan.

Last edited by Travis : 4 Weeks Ago at 05:15 PM.

4 Weeks Ago
I'm in, thanks a lot ! Lucas Tebib

I played a lot with Photoscan these last 2 years and I love it, really simple yet so powerful!

4 Weeks Ago
count me in too, would love to learn more about this

4 Weeks Ago
Hey hey Travis!
Here's the article I was talking about before, it's a de-shadowing plugin working in Unity. It's pretty straight forward and works really well with rocks and other very matte surfaces. =)

https://blog.sketchfab.com/de-light...y-pete-mcnally/

4 Weeks Ago
Hey Travis! I want to collaborate too, I've been playing with the idea of doing scans and this is the perfect oportunity to get to do it

4 Weeks Ago
Sounds great! the idea is for everyone to jump in and give it a try together sharing our failures and small vicotries. Week 1 is almost done and I will do a write up and share some of the initial scans with people on the list to give it a try for those that cant get out to shoot.

Here are two more scans at medium level. Have to admit this is addicting as hell. Going to try and make it out to ladder canyon possibly this weekend.

4 Weeks Ago
I'm in. Sergio Aguilar.
I've do some scans before with my friends DSLR camare, but since I moved to study visual arts, I dont have a camara so I did this scan with the camara of my cheap LG phone. Turned very good I think so I did some renders, its a statue from Efrain Recinos, one of the greatest artist from my country, painter, architect, enginner and a athlete.

4 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by BruceStroia: Hey I'm interested!

Was actually trying to photoscan over the weekend but had strange results-
You have to take photos also from different levels,(down, middle and upper) since its a little objet and almost white and black, you need more reference point, and using a paper as background will get you less, so taking photos from a lower level will take more reference points from the background, as trees or objets that have many colors and shapes work better but you will have to clean the dense cloud after, also the stickers will show better in a lower level and it will work as reference points too.
Dont forget it also works better if you turn around the objet and not rotating the objete because it will take less reference points

Last edited by Pacer32 : 4 Weeks Ago at 07:29 PM.

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks for the suggestions @Martin and @Pacer

I tried a few different things- more shots, less shots, revolving, rotating, different angles, different backgrounds, different lighting... still bad results!

Best cup results using a black background, but I've concluded either the bland white surface won't scan... or my little camera isn't right for this. I think my next experiments will be using a more textured object, then outdoor shots!

3 Weeks Ago
Please share the scans, thanks.
As of now do not have any scans to share.

Last edited by tejvirs1 : 3 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

3 Weeks Ago
would love to be part of this and see what I could do with these scans

reply share thread