Starsky & Clutch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2011
The old batmobile and the ghostbusters herse are well on my list but difficult to get right, watch this space.

After hearing my last version was a little toyish (though it certainly wasn't helped by the elevated angle of the photo). I refined the model a little, the devil being in the details, i added some more. I also broke slightly from the tv show by returning the go faster stripes to black.

Here are some more pix and the promised quicktime vr..

Http://www.car-icature.com/audi%20quatro%20final.mov

06 June 2011
Sorry for the delay i was buried with work (a advert for tv no less).

For my next automobile i also went back in time, this time to the end of the 1950's. I had to do a prestigious old American car. The Plymouth Fury is best known for the part it played in Stephan Kings and John Carpenters "Christine". Though if you look at the logo on the front grill you might notice more than a slight resemblance to Pixar's Car's logo..

These old American cars are great with their sweeping curved lines and over the top chrome decorations.

I hope you like it..

07 July 2011
Sorry i've been busy with some other cars and totally forgot to upload the quickitime vr of Christine..

So here we go..
http://www.car-icature.com/Plymnout...tine%20evil.mov

I also have a question. The New version of bumble bee from Transformers 3, in what way is he different from the previous films? I think i have seen an image where the black lines are different?!

07 July 2011
I've been very busy. Lots more cars on the way, a completely new studio set-up, working (but not finished yet) on the website but i had to throw this little guy together when i noticed the new Transformers film had just been released.

I couldn't find enough pictures of the new one (which i understand is a bit different). So i went for the 2007 Camero, Bumble Bee from the first film. I hope you like it. He is also sporting my new light set-up, so i'd love to hear your thoughts on that too..

http://www.car-icature.com/bumble%20bee%20camero.mov

p.s. i hope to see the film tomorrow night, so maybe i'll make an updated version as well.

07 July 2011
So i knew i had to do one of these cars but finding the one took me a while, then i watched the newer Batman film again a few days ago. Then the choice was simple- Mr Wayne decadently decides to wedge his $400,000+ Lamborghini in between two other vehicles, writing it off.

It had been a Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 to be precise. An interesting choice, as "murciélago" is spanish for bat, very clever.

I hope you like it, and a quicktime vr will follow shortly as i'm just doing some finishing touches..

07 July 2011
Here is the quicktime vr i promised..

http://www.car-icature.com/lambo%20final.mov

My site is now, up and running. At the moment there are only 5 of the 20+ cars i have cartooned on the site. I will be uploading the others over the next couple of weeks, with all the various facts and details i learnt about them on my travels.

http://www.car-icature.com

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are about the site so please feel more than free to voice an opinion.

Next up i'm continuing to produce these cars, but as anyone who knows my work already, i'll be getting some of them moving. The whole time i've been making these guys i've been wanting to see them move. So watch this space..

08 August 2011
Been away (literally) for a while. But i'm still on it and been busy updating the website with the cars i've made over the last few months.

This time it's tarantio's pussywagon..

08 August 2011
Here we are. This ones been a long time coming. Had to do a couple of versions before got it right. Lot's of distinctive design points but difficult to capture the iconic feel of it.

The only car you could grow a mustache and don a bermuda shirt and still look good. Magnum PI's Ferrari 308.

08 August 2011
Looks like camera deformer..... or are you modeling these on that way?..... either way amazing work....ty.

08 August 2011
Made in 3d mate. Photoshop the blue prints, tooning the shape there. It's much easier to get the feel of the car right in 2d, saving on modeling time.

Then i model it from the new plans..

08 August 2011
To keep up to date, I have added pages on both Facebook and Twitter if you would like to follow my cars production that way (as well as here of course).

Car-icature on Facebook

Car-icature on Twitter

Feel free to click the like button for my eternal appreciation..

08 August 2011
I'm not commenting much, but just wanted to say that I'm watching your updates. Great work!

09 September 2011
Good to know i have a high quality of stalker out there (thanks mate)..

I just uploaded my page for the Ferrari 308 with the quicktime vr of the car on it..

Ferrari 308 - Car-icature.com

09 September 2011
Great work, they look very beautiful, as usual.

09 September 2011
I finished the original a while ago, but i'm playing catch-up on my website.

I have just finished the GMC Vandura page, with a quicktime vr, check it out, say what you think..

The A-Team van

Thread Closed share thread