CINEMA 4D and graphics drivers

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2010   #31
There seem to be some problems that occur more often with 8800 based cards, but the current state is that these are stability issues, not performance problems.

Cheers
Björn

Old 10 October 2010   #32
Yes and the support just confirmed, that the problem seems to be more related to the hairguides in my scene than to the over all OGL capabilities.

Best regards,

Marius

Old 10 October 2010   #33
Just reporting that my EVGA gtx 460 is crashing only when middle mouse button clicking to change viewports when OGL is enabled. I can middle mouse change views with the "F" buttons and with OGL disabled. I've tried all latest nvidia and evga drivers and the crash happens with any scene, whether it is empty or not.

I'm posting just in case i missed a fix for this.

Old 10 October 2010   #34
Originally Posted by danb: Just reporting that my EVGA gtx 460 is crashing only when middle mouse button clicking to change viewports when OGL is enabled. I can middle mouse change views with the "F" buttons and with OGL disabled. I've tried all latest nvidia and evga drivers and the crash happens with any scene, whether it is empty or not.

I'm posting just in case i missed a fix for this.

Yes, exact same here, EVGA 8800 GTS ..................

Old 10 October 2010   #35
Thank you Maxon! The new Update fixed most of my problems. The viewport performance jumped to 60fps from 7fps... even though it's not 90fps like in 11.5, the boost will suffice

Best regards.

Marius Plock

Old 11 November 2010   #36
thanx

thanx!
but ther c4d still have no special drivers for the Nvidia FX card like the max
sometimes i wonder with my fx card and ask myself why not buy a cheep one just for games...

Old 11 November 2010   #37
with ati Radeon it works ok and no crash. :-)

Old 12 December 2010   #38
With the update c4d stopped freezing for a while. Then i installed FFDshow and Direct show programs for our mocap hardware and the freeze happened again.

I don't see why those programs would make a difference to c4d. I need to keep those programs installed.

I just tried the latest nvidia 260.99 driver for my gtx460 and that did not help either.

Anyone have any advice?

Old 12 December 2010   #39
Hi all,
everyone who has a problem with ATI cards on Windows where CINEMA 4D crashes on end please update to the latest Catalyst 10.12. AMD/ATI finaly fixed this issue
Since it is currently the single most often reported crash with CINEMA 4D and i hope this fixed driver will help as amny people as possible.
Cheers
Björn

Old 12 December 2010   #40
Ahh was wondering what that was!
Thanks for the info Shrek

brasc

Old 01 January 2011   #41
I was still getting flashing with Catalyst 10.12 so I used the old 10.4a preview drivers, the ones where they forgot to lock down some of the consumer card openGL features. The flashing has stopped and viewport performance has increased somewhat.

Old 01 January 2011   #42
Getting kernal panics on my Mac running R12. 3 times in 2 days at random times. Not good.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Old 01 January 2011   #43
I have an issue here, my ViewPort is not being displayed at all if i use the windows classic scheme in windows 7, i don't need all the aero effects on my work machine, but i have to enable it to make the ViewPort work at all, or disable OpenGL which makes it perform poorly, using windows x64 with AMD radeon 5870, anyone has same issues? Using the official 10.12 drivers too... And by the way before i installed windows xp x64, and the x64 version of C4D was crashing on every single startup right after it displayed the whole main menu, i'm going to try again in a few days and report. Cheers

Old 03 March 2011   #44
Mac Kernel Panics here too on OS X 10.6.6 R12 and ATI 5870. Always with Cinema.

Old 03 March 2011   #45
Originally Posted by simond: Mac Kernel Panics here too on OS X 10.6.6 R12 and ATI 5870. Always with Cinema.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad it's happening to someone else. Hopefully Maxon or Apple will provide a solution. Kernel panics make R12 a non-tool.
HyperactiveVR
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Thread Closed share thread