OT: Missing posts

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2003
OT: Missing posts

From the other thread that was mysteriously closed!?:

Quote: Ohh and kromekat and yes you did post more times that you thought you did lol.

I may have done - but not in excess of a hundred - I am just questioning how it was possible for so many of my posts to have been deleted or miscounted!?

I am not looking to open an inquiry or anything!, just trying to make someone realise that somehow they may have screwed up something for this to happen!

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

09 September 2003
er well mine got put back.

maybe if you just wait a few days they might be restored.

anyhow I think we should keep this all on the dl simply because the main mods seem to be getting pissy about this er i didn't say that.

yea that was never said. I just get the feeling someone probibly me might get banned or soemthing if they are not pleased with us in the next few days.

Anyway later kromekat.

yea after i saw my butchered post count I realized you were right.

there is no way you accounted for 1/7 of all the posts. Hell I think I only accounted for 1/7 of them.

09 September 2003
I don't know if this is a related problem, but I haven't gotten any email notifications lately from my posts or any threads I'm on. Anyone else having this problem? My profile is set correctly to get email notifications. They just sort of stopped....

09 September 2003
er I dunno maybe you accidenlty hit unsuscribe all or something.

But yes i have heard growing complaints that Cgtalk is having some errors.

One user could not post or send PM's for a number of hours. mysteriously he gained the ability to do both after a while.

I think as cgtalk grows we may experience more and more of these problems. If anyone hasn't notice at 11 PM eastern standard time cgtalk goes offline to do some backing up.

Anyway its still a great place even if we do get a bit unprofessional at times.

09 September 2003
Oh, I'm not complaining (in fact, I was mysteriously notified of your post!), I thought it just seemed odd.

Yes...this is THE best place to gain and give knowledge on Cinema and ALL things 3D...

09 September 2003
I have searched for my user name on the site overall, and it came up with 47 threads - the first page of threads - some 25 I think contained over 60 posts, I didn't bother to examine the next page.

Also, out of curiosity, how many posts does one have to make to be able to customise your status/name/title under the user name?? - I seem to remember it being around 100!!?? - I could be wrong of course!

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by JIII
er I dunno maybe you accidenlty hit unsuscribe all or something.

But yes i have heard growing complaints that Cgtalk is having some errors.

One user could not post or send PM's for a number of hours. mysteriously he gained the ability to do both after a while.

I think as cgtalk grows we may experience more and more of these problems. If anyone hasn't notice at 11 PM eastern standard time cgtalk goes offline to do some backing up.

Anyway its still a great place even if we do get a bit unprofessional at times.

He did not mysteriously gain the ability to do so, he told me he was having problems and I made sure it got fixed.

09 September 2003
So aren't you even curios as to where all my counts of posts went to? - I know I am!

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

09 September 2003
Hi Adam, I doubt it will make you feel any better, but I noticed about 100 of mine missing too. I'm not particularly concerned about it but I just thought I'd let you know in case you were feeling singled out. -- 3d_e

09 September 2003
hey i dont see how it matters. I lost a fair few of mine, but thats because i was silly enough to post in the thread. I see it as a punishment. No biggie, well thats how i see it

09 September 2003
Perhaps some automated script LOWERS your post count by -1 everytime you post something completely devoid of interest to the community, and without any relation at all to 3D nor C4D.

Judging from this thread, looks like you just lost 3 more points.

thorn

09 September 2003
nah,

you know lil D is not that cruel besides if that did happen I would be at -2500 posts.

jk

09 September 2003
hmm if I remember correctly kai I think it just may have been ME lol who told you of this.

but since we never did hear back from you or at least I never heard about it.

I just assumed it was a miracle.

09 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by neverwake
Judging from this thread, looks like you just lost 3 more points.

thorn

ROTFL thats a good one thorn.

JIII, VEstan got a hold of me through msn, by the time I saw your PM it had already been fixed. MSN is the fastest way to reach me and getthings done.

09 September 2003
hmmm maybe I should start putting people on my msn list thingy.

Thread Closed share thread