Female figure WIP (Nudity)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2003
@ Adam & flingster, actually I work from home guys and my wife is also at home at the moment on holiday so I have to come up with some excuse when she's looking over my shoulder.

@ JIII, the guys were right, it was too deep and she probably looks a bit muscular because I am trying to concentrate (roughly) on the anatomy i.e. where the muscles are and how they should be working, tends to have the effect that they get a bit exagerated (like the breasts) might see what I can do about that later. There are a number of muscles in that area by the way, actually the whole blasted shoulder is one complicated mess of muscle.

Still working on an update, armpits really are not that easy it would seem.

Cheers

08 August 2003
very nice (nette hingucker). Do you want to obtain
a Manga look ? Reminds me somehow on "Ghost in
the Shell". If the rest has the same quality than it
will be a great model. Not sure about the deformations.
Never came so long myself. But for sure the shoulder
joint is one of the most difficult areas.

keep on

Bob

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by bobtronic
very nice (nette hingucker). Do you want to obtain
a Manga look ?
Bob

heh heh, Danke Bob. Manga look?... can't say it was planned at the moment.

Any way here is an update, and personally the more I look at it the more I feel flingster was right with the breasts, and I might just try setting up a muscle bone next out of interest to get them pulling roughly in the right direction, at the moment they are perhaps making the rest look a bit odd.

Cheers

08 August 2003
What I like to know is how many bones do you use
for the shoulder joint ? Do you use Claude Bonet for
weighting or several weightmaps ?

Bob

08 August 2003
Those shoulders and chest are beautiful.
The boobs, however look like they are attached to the body much lower than they should be. They have a much different look (didnt want to say "feel" ) to them in terms of accuracy then the chest and arms above them. But, that could just be a stylistic thing.

Also, the pecs should pull the breasts up with it iduring the arm raise.

Last edited by JoelDubin : 08 August 2003 at 10:42 PM.

08 August 2003
OK Bob, hope this answers the question with the bones. at the moment I am not using any vertex maps or Claud Bonnet just different weights on the bones (sorry not sure this would work in R6) the only thing I have done is set the bone function to 1/r^4 as I was mentioning in the thread over the weekend, due to that I will almost definately be needing vertex maps and Claude Bonet later on I think, will have to see as this develops.

Cheers

08 August 2003
Can see I am really going to have to do something about those breast tomorrow.

08 August 2003
Sorry--didnt read the post where you mentioned yo were still working on the breasts...

08 August 2003
you're very good!

The ribcage seems a bit narrow, unless the tiggle bitties are throwing me off.

I don't even know what claude bonnet bones are, that would be way too cool if they used pose morphs and the angle of the bone to tween between them.

08 August 2003
Thanks for editor view flyingP. So you use the
"auto-skinning" ? No weight maps at all ? Cool.
But I see you have modeled with animating in mind.

Bob

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by bobtronic
Thanks for editor view flyingP. So you use the
"auto-skinning" ? No weight maps at all ? Cool.
But I see you have modeled with animating in mind.

Bob

"auto-skinning" ? No weight maps at all ?:
no, Maxon just a great job on the bones for R8, I'm just slapping them in at the moment and changing their strengths when needed, bare in mind this may well not be in the final rigging I'm just using it to test the modelling as I go along.

Modeling for annimation:
that's the trick actually Bob if you can manage to get the polygons flowing properly around an object then the rigging is actually quite easy and the mesh has a somewhat more skin like quality when it stretches, just takes a bit of time and concentration (and a lot of frustration).

08 August 2003
OK here's an update, I've worked over the breasts, there is also a muscle bone working on the Petorials, although it's causing bit of a bulge at the top (sorry still no vertex maps), to honest I don't want to get to carried away with rigging this completely at the moment and I'll leave the fine tuning untill later, actually I imagine I'll rig that area with soft IK anyway.

08 August 2003
nice dude they still are not that fleshy and all but they do look very real, much better then the first post.

nice job dude top notch.

08 August 2003
Quote: Originally posted by JIII
nice dude they still are not that fleshy and all but they do look very real, much better then the first post.

nice job dude top notch.

Thanks JIII.
Actually personally I am starting to get the feeling I was a fool for starting this again, this is going way over my skill level, still I supose it's at least one way to learn (although I am running out of hair to pull out).

08 August 2003
Hey don't talk like that your skills will never ever improve if you don't test yourself and it does look very nice, it just depends on the look you want.

dude you are doing a great job don't give up now. you almoost have it perfect. I mean dude its a really really good peice o work man. with a good texture this might be gallery material its uber sweet.

really dude this is a good peice don't go givin up.

I wanna see her animated lol

Thread Closed share thread