R 11.5 Test Renders

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2009
R 11.5 Test Renders

Hi folks, I have nothing yet..but lets post our tests and animations in a single thread.....

Happy rendering ...... love the instances.... I have nothing to show yet

-----------------------------------------
All things are possible to you who believes

Dual P4 2.4 Xeon, Nvidia Quadro FX 1000

09 September 2009
They all look very interesting, go for more!

09 September 2009
Thanks for posting! I would like to know what the limitations are for the thickness of shattering objects. I think I read thick objects cannot be shattered? So how is too thick defined?

odo

09 September 2009
Made this yesterday,nothing special a little "cartoon volcano eruption"

more to come

Last edited by gozu173 : 09 September 2009 at 10:27 AM.

09 September 2009
this is nothing special.
just basic animation showing mogdyn and the time scale parameter

http://3ddataflow.com.au/stuff/mogdyn-timescale.mov

09 September 2009
Just messing around, a brick wall. Seems solid enough and setup is intuitive, and there's some nice features... it's not quite a replacement yet for SilverBullet though, you won't be making any linked chains with Mograph dynamics.

09 September 2009
Hi,

here's a quick test. The physics working quickly in the viewport meant I could quickly adjust each hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEiXztRfjY0

I also like the new picture viewer.

Trig

09 September 2009
Do you guys still have to pre-shatter stuff to get it shatter on impact?

09 September 2009
Originally Posted by Venkman: Do you guys still have to pre-shatter stuff to get it shatter on impact?

yes, and no. It is pre-shattered by the explosions FX but you don't have to create extra objects and can change the settings of the shattering durin the simulation.

09 September 2009
Hi,

another quick test. I didn't make the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3hk3swZ0-w

Only keyframes are on camera. Each car is about 6700 polygons and there was no slowdown in the viewport.

Trig

09 September 2009
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins: Just messing around, a brick wall. Seems solid enough and setup is intuitive, and there's some nice features... it's not quite a replacement yet for SilverBullet though, you won't be making any linked chains with Mograph dynamics.

Wow i might just buy silver bullet if they work much better with Mograph cloners. The bricks are moving and stoping constantly(no good) on the other hand there is no demo for silver bullet, does it works better with Cloners Chris?
Edgard

09 September 2009
If I heard correct last night, I'm sure the guys on livestream said the modynamics is built around silver bullet's RB systems. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come

09 September 2009
Originally Posted by brasco: the modynamics is built around silver bullet's RB systems.

Nope both Silver Bullet and MographDynamics are based on the bullet engine. MoDyn is NOT based on Silver Bullet
Cheers
Björn

09 September 2009
Some nice tests!

I won't bother you with my MoDynamics tests, but here's a render instances scene I created today. I didn't go for as many poly's as possible, just for a nice image that could not have been done with R11.

Interesting note: I was rendering the scene in the picture viewer and in the editor at the same time, and still Cinema 4D only took about 400MB RAM in it's entirely. Very impressive!

Thread Closed share thread