New MoGraph Module

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by Badtastic: You know, this is really a great (if not responsible) initiative by Maxon to consolidate several much needed, key functions previously only available via a plug-in jungle which (as we all know...) hasn't been the most dependable at times.
Furthermore, if some of the more "Jeenaesque" functions of this new module eventually find their way into the 64-bit version of C4D, it would be über-cool to say the least.

/ Alex

the whole module works in the 64 bit version just fine

04 April 2006
the exemples look fun, what would be nice though would be to see exemples of the interface, or how the effectors actually work, and how the hierarchies are actually set up.
Beta Testers?

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by LucentDreams: Are you goign to be at NAB Joel? I'll be at the main Maxon booth demoing most the time look forward to seeing you or anyone else interested in seeing MoGraph.

Unfortunately...NO :(

Working for a studio fulltime now--and they/we have no plans to go to NAB this year.
Maybe Siggraph....

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by LucentDreams: the whole module works in the 64 bit version just fine

Ooo-rah.

04 April 2006
Pricing

Any word on pricing for MoGraph? Just curious...

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by jkirk01: Any word on pricing for MoGraph? Just curious...

From the press release:

Originally Posted by Maxon.net: The module is available individually for US dollar 395, pound 259 or euro 327 , or bundled with CINEMA 4D for a special introductory price of only US dollar 995, pound 699 or euro 862.

Pretty fair price, if you ask me.
OSX 10.10.5
C4D R18 Studio/CC/VizRT
Will's Works

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by jkirk01: Any word on pricing for MoGraph? Just curious...

from maxon.net:

As is the case with all MAXON products, MoGraph will be available for Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and Macintosh systems (incl. Universal Binary). MoGraph will ship in May, and requires CINEMA 4D R9.6 or higher. The module is available individually for US dollar 395, pound 259 or euro 327 , or bundled with CINEMA 4D for a special introductory price of only US dollar 995, pound 699 or euro 862.

(edit--GruvDOone beat me to it)

04 April 2006
Yea, and so did Maxon. I looked and didn't see it, but perhaps they came in behind me??? Anyway, thanks...

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by slouchcorp: these are the best tools to enter cinema since v6, IMO not only for animations, but modeling aswell, and VFX, you will be able to do a lot of things you allways wanted to do with TP but could never figure it out.

Have to second that!

And, this is worth emphasizing, the functionality goes beyond what it says on the box, so to speak, in that no matter what particular flavour of modeling or animation you do, you will definitely find a way to use and/or abuse the MoGraph module. Pretty much like Hair, it's useful for lots of things it wasn't originally intended for. The only downside is that some things that usually are a pain in the rear to create, end up being so simple to do it's not even funny.

xenomata

Be indiscreet - do it continuously.

04 April 2006
wow! one thing more to make cinema4d unique!

excellent maxon:-)
can we preorder?

cheers
stefan

04 April 2006
*o*r*g*a*s*m*
Thank You Maxon!!!

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by JamesMK: The only downside is that some things that usually are a pain in the rear to create, end up being so simple to do it's not even funny.

can anyone say tank tread allways a nightmare, now so easy i can cry, see vid. techsmith codec needed!. under 3mb

http://www.slouchcorp.com/stuff/tank tred.avi

MIke

04 April 2006
Here's a quick video showing the most basic use of the cloner, plus the random effector and a couple of falloffs: http://3danvil.com/Mograph/mograph_mostbasic.html

Direct link to the flash movie: http://3danvil.com/Mograph/mograph_mostbasic.swf

I may have to take it down after a while if my bandwidth starts disappearing--need some for work stuff.

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by AdamT: Here's a quick video showing the most basic use of the cloner, plus the random effector and a couple of falloffs: http://3danvil.com/Mograph/mograph_mostbasic.html

Direct link to the flash movie: http://3danvil.com/Mograph/mograph_mostbasic.swf

I may have to take it down after a while if my bandwidth starts disappearing--need some for work stuff.

Thanks Adam, it looks fantastic. This isn't probably the time, but one quick question. Are the effectors tied to a single object tree? Can you have multiple effectors working on separate objects independent of one another?

04 April 2006
Originally Posted by JoelD: from maxon.net:

The module is available individually for US dollar 395, pound 259 or euro 327 , or bundled with CINEMA 4D for a special introductory price of only US dollar 995, pound 699 or euro 862.

(edit--GruvDOone beat me to it)

For some time I've been thinking I'd like to see an alternative to the XL bundle that was more oriented towards motion graphics, and the introduction of MoGraph accents that. For instance, I'd rather have Sketch & Toon than Advanced Renderer, and now I think I'd like to swap MoGraph for TP or Pyrocluster.

That said, the intro price stated above is fair.

Thread Closed share thread