Please ask your 9.5 questions here

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by pit: Hi abstrax,

could you shed some light on the Xpresso Bitmap-node. Will we, for example, be able to animate/swap displacement maps through the node e.g. connect/link displacement maps to bone rotation?

Thanks for answering our questions


Send an email to base80@base80.com. He might surprise you...

Best,
Bart
__________________
Always the latest C4D and Vectorworks
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by brammelo: Send an email to base80@base80.com. He might surprise you...

Best,
Bart


Thanks brammelo! Will do!

I surprises.....
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by pit: Hi abstrax,

could you shed some light on the Xpresso Bitmap-node. Will we, for example, be able to animate/swap displacement maps through the node e.g. connect/link displacement maps to bone rotation?

Thanks for answering our questions


Just one more thing: You can already do that in R9.1. You can already change the filename of a bitmap in e.g. the displacement channel. You just have to drag your material or your bitmap shader into the Xpresso editor and then just feed in the file name you like.
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: No that isn't possible. But you still can modify the global popup menu ("quick access" menu) or the existing popup menus.


I have, but it would be nice to be able to customize a pie-menun for, say, all the display settings, one for object creation, one for plugins etc... ( with shortcuts for each)
Relying on one pie menu makes it have way too much info IMO, as cumbersome as Maya's.
It's on my wishlist...
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: Just one more thing: You can already do that in R9.1. You can already change the filename of a bitmap in e.g. the displacement channel. You just have to drag your material or your bitmap shader into the Xpresso editor and then just feed in the file name you like.



Have some testing to do now - thanks a lot abstrax and brammelo for getting me on the tracks!
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: This node is meant for the readout of bitmaps. This for example very useful if you would like to place an object on a displaced surface, but don't know where, as you don't see the displacement in the editor. With this node you can read out the color of the according pixel of the bitmap and then you can calculate the displacement the point on the surface will get.


This sounds an interesting one - could I for instance have a movie with beating levels of grey and read the value of a certain pixel via Xpresso over time? That would make the long sought-after sound response node much easier to work, via AfterEffects... or have I misunderstood?

Cheers - Chris
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by marshalartist: Moka - have you got a link for this, sounds very useful



http://homepage2.nifty.com/aquawave.../etceteras.html

there you go
jp+
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Chrissyboy: This sounds an interesting one - could I for instance have a movie with beating levels of grey and read the value of a certain pixel via Xpresso over time? That would make the long sought-after sound response node much easier to work, via AfterEffects... or have I misunderstood?

Cheers - Chris


The bitmap node allows the access to images only. But you can render your movie as an image sequence and then access them using different filenames. But don't expect any wonders regarding the speed, because each bitmap file has to be loaded and extracted.
 
  08 August 2005
Question Volumetric blending in 9.5

Hi
Thanks for providing this Q&A session. My question is:
In the past I have always had problems when I have a scene with more than 1 volumetric source: For example if I attempted to use Pyrocluster & Ozone (volumetric mode) together I would always get a 'Hard edge' or border around the pyrocluster element (or where the tranparency was greatest).
Now that we have SKY built in, I'm hopeing that Pyrocluster & SKY will blend correctly.
Do you know if this works now?
Thanks
Biroes
 
  08 August 2005
Can we see some more new feature vids in the R9.5 movidrome?
 
  08 August 2005
How does the new *SKY* compare with Ozone in terms of user-friendliness and output. Any thoughts?

// Alex
__________________
----------| C4D R17 Studio | Rhino 5 | Zbrush 4 |----------
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by xeno3d: Can we see some more new feature vids in the R9.5 movidrome?


When we find some time to create them: Yes
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: Hmm, sorry, I don't think that this request will find its way into R9.5. Please post it as a suggestion using our request form:
http://www.maxon.net/pages/support/suggestions_e.html

But, I don't understand the question. What's wrong with the support of graphic tablets? I'm working the whole day with it and don't have any problems.


It's not so much a problem as more of an unfortunate usage when compared to normal mouse navigation. When trying to navigate large scene's with the wacom option turned on, you have to use many pen strokes to get around, as apposed to when the option is off, you can navigate without the restriction of the border of the screen.

Catch my drift?

I'll post the suggestion all the same. Didn't realize it was something you were unaware of.
If possible, see the wacom functionality in other 3D apps, it's much more fun to use in say Maya.
__________________
Portfolio:https://www.behance.net/Project1Media
 
  08 August 2005
Quote: This sounds an interesting one - could I for instance have a movie with beating levels of grey and read the value of a certain pixel via Xpresso over time? That would make the long sought-after sound response node much easier to work, via AfterEffects... or have I misunderstood?



You can already do this with the ChSampler node from Ditools! I am using it on a project at the moment in conjunction with the new Fusion thing plugin. Essentially using a greyscale series of bitmaps from AE rendered using Soundkeys to drive parameters in Xpresso...fun stuff.

Tis good to hear that there is now a native Xpresso node in 9.5 that will do this, but I would have killed for an update on the current flaky xpresso sound node
 
  08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Badtastic: How does the new *SKY* compare with Ozone in terms of user-friendliness and output. Any thoughts?

// Alex


Did you watch the SKY video (and the gallery)? I think I won't touch Ozone anymore

odo
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.