Please ask your 9.5 questions here

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Blur1: The new matte painting tools will probably be of interest to a broader market than RIB parsing and a Linux version.
If you are showing any of these technologies at Siggraph it would be appreciated if those not attending could get a peak. I am particularly interested in seeing more about Projection Man.

Cheers

Michael

Sorry, that isn't possible at the moment as I don't know, what is made public and what not and I'm not much into those features. (The development of the production bundle is done in collaboration with some studios and we aren't much involved) When I have something to show, I will do it.

08 August 2005
first a BIG thank you to maxon, seems to be a very nice .5 upgrade:-)

will the baker be able to bake a fly through architectural scene and then be able to animate it using no lights, or for rendering different perspectives of the baked scene?

i hope i can do this cause it says it can bake more than one object at once, that would be very cool. could you explain such a task shortly?

thanks

stefan

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by Blur1: The new matte painting tools will probably be of interest to a broader market than RIB parsing and a Linux version.
If you are showing any of these technologies at Siggraph it would be appreciated if those not attending could get a peak. I am particularly interested in seeing more about Projection Man.

Cheers

Michael

I agree, it would be nice for Maxon to showcase the matte painting features.
I think that Rib export would be of interest, as it opens up rendering in other 3d systems.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: Hmm, sorry, I don't think that this request will find its way into R9.5. Please post it as a suggestion using our request form:
http://www.maxon.net/pages/support/suggestions_e.html

But, I don't understand the question. What's wrong with the support of graphic tablets? I'm working the whole day with it and don't have any problems.

Well one thing that bothers me working mith my tablet is the fact that the rotation/pan/zoom stops when I hit the edge of te screen ( don't know if I am explaining this right). It should behave IMO more as with the mouse ( where if you keep on dragging, the rotation, zoom etc keeps going) , as it is now, it is just to slow to navigate in 3d space.

Originally Posted by ThePriest: Awesome work Maxon.
One question, as release 9.5 isn't quite ready, could you please consider implementing better Wacom control of the viewport?
I'm forced to turn the feature off and on throughout the day, and when I return to the mouse motion is restricted by the screens border.

ThePriest, there is a little plugin called Tablet, that allows you do have a shortcut icon to swithc the tablet on/off in your layout.

Last edited by moka-j : 08 August 2005 at 10:24 AM.

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by lllab: will the baker be able to bake a fly through architectural scene and then be able to animate it using no lights, or for rendering different perspectives of the baked scene?

i hope i can do this cause it says it can bake more than one object at once, that would be very cool. could you explain such a task shortly?

Check this thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...t=264141&page=4

08 August 2005
i had a different thread for this question but now if u are answering all of them in this one i'll repost it here. so here goes:

so this new update for cinema 4d to 9.5 also can be used in the engineering bundle? and if so how is going be structured, maybe in different levels (now they are only engineering and enginnering plus), which are the modules that are going to be a part of them...?
maybe a student lincense?

08 August 2005
Do the upgrades to the User interface mean that we will have the option to have more than one pop-up menu.
I have wanted this for a long time....

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by jondoe0ne: i had a different thread for this question but now if u are answering all of them in this one i'll repost it here. so here goes:

so this new update for cinema 4d to 9.5 also can be used in the engineering bundle? and if so how is going be structured, maybe in different levels (now they are only engineering and enginnering plus), which are the modules that are going to be a part of them...?
maybe a student lincense?

Yes, you can use it for the Engineering Bundle too and it brings quite a speed up to the environments. You install the upgrade into the application directory, like every point upgrade and it shouldn't affect your engineering installation.

The upgrade prices are the same as with CINEMA 4D R9 without AR (171,552 Euro excl. VAT).

Last edited by abstrax : 08 August 2005 at 11:13 AM.

08 August 2005
Hi abstrax,

could you shed some light on the Xpresso Bitmap-node. Will we, for example, be able to animate/swap displacement maps through the node e.g. connect/link displacement maps to bone rotation?

Thanks for answering our questions

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by moka-j: Do the upgrades to the User interface mean that we will have the option to have more than one pop-up menu.
I have wanted this for a long time....

No that isn't possible. But you still can modify the global popup menu ("quick access" menu) or the existing popup menus.

08 August 2005
I am interested in the new Baker functions also - this means a scene could have the AO, shadows etc baked, and then wherever the camera is placed within that scene thereafter, these effects will always be present from each viewing position with no need to recalculate!?

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by pit: Hi abstrax,

could you shed some light on the Xpresso Bitmap-node. Will we, for example, be able to animate/swap displacement maps through the node e.g. connect/link displacement maps to bone rotation?

Thanks for answering our questions

This node is meant for the readout of bitmaps. This for example very useful if you would like to place an object on a displaced surface, but don't know where, as you don't see the displacement in the editor. With this node you can read out the color of the according pixel of the bitmap and then you can calculate the displacement the point on the surface will get.

08 August 2005
Tolerant polygon selection

This sounds cool, wat exactly does it do?

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by abstrax: This node is meant for the readout of bitmaps. This for example very useful if you would like to place an object on a displaced surface, but don't know where, as you don't see the displacement in the editor. With this node you can read out the color of the according pixel of the bitmap and then you can calculate the displacement the point on the surface will get.

AH!... ok!.....................

Thank you!

08 August 2005
Originally Posted by moka-j: ThePriest, there is a little plugin called Tablet, that allows you do have a shortcut icon to swithc the tablet on/off in your layout.

Moka - have you got a link for this, sounds very useful

Thread Closed share thread