Cinema new user & Demo user FAQ

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Thumbs up good!

That's very useful for me!

11 November 2006
hotkeys in BP R3?

Hey guys.

I was using body paint that cames with C4D R10 demo, and the hotkey "." to increase the brush size does not work... this does work in BD 3D R2.5...
However the "," does work to dicrease the size of the brush..

So, why this hotkey does not work?

thanks

11 November 2006
The more I play with this demo, the more I like it. I have a strange question, though: is it possible to speed up the orbiting and zooming by the mouse in 3D viewports? The program itself seems to be running at a decent speed, but the actual moving about in 3D space is soooo sluggish compared to just about every other app I've used. (This is not framerate, but how the mouse motions are interpreted by the program.) I've tried trackpad, normal mouse, and my preferred method of Wacom tablet. The tablet is the slowest, but none of them are what I'd consider a "good speed."

01 January 2007
Quick question

Hi, I'm pretty new to animating and that kind of stuff. Currently I'm testing the demo of Cinema 4D, and it looks very, very good. But I have a quick question about C4D: How is the possibilites to animate for example two characters fighting? I didn't find any films on YouTube or Google Videos where to persons were fightning/moving around.

So, my little question is how good is the character animation system/capabilities?

PS: I'm Norwegian, so my English isn't perfect, but hopefully you'll be able to understand it

01 January 2007
It's Character Animation toolset since R10 is in fact very good, and should be perfectly fine for making fight scenes, I would say just carry on playing with the demo and see for yourself if you think you'll be able to work with it.

01 January 2007
I've been considering BodyPaint for a while now and I'm about to pull the trigger on it when I find out, it's now included with r10. So, would your opinions be to buy C4D instead of BodyPaint stand alone since you get all of the C4D stuff and BodyPaint? I'm a Maya user but I've had my eyes on BodyPaint for quite a wihle.

01 January 2007
Sure, I don't think there are any differences in the packages apart from with regards the goodies extras (extra brushes maybe, different tutorials perhaps? dunno), and the default startup layout (set to the "BP 3D Paint" or "BP UV Edit" layouts* by default in Bodypaint). So if your'e desperate to have different extras then maybe wait, I mean no-one knows what will be special to the BP version, but otherwise I'd say go for it. Try the demo and see if it suits your needs.

*The BP layouts are standard and available in C4D too, just not set as the standard startup layout, you have to pick them manually, but you can set them as the startup layout if you want.

01 January 2007
To be honest, I didn't know they were the same package. The reason I asked was the C4D has a competative upgrade right now where I can give them the serial of one of my existing packages( I have several that qualify) and I save $100 on C4D. Bodypaint doesn't have that offer.

I'm pulling down the Demo right now. I have too much invested in Maya to switch but bodypaint looks very nice and eventually picking up mograph would help here and there too.

Thanks for the info!

01 January 2007
If that's the case then I'd just grab C4D for sure rather than waiting. You're getting the same tools, and if you get them cheaper then so much the better.

02 February 2007
Hello,

I'm not a 3D modeler by trade, but have trained in apps like 3D Max back in '96, if that gives any clue as to my skillsets. Which isn't much.
Since I'm not current with a lot of new/extensive options in 3D modeling, I need an application that can get me up and running quickly (short learning curve and timeframe due to budget/time constraints) and with excellent results. I also need an app that can interact well with Adobe Illustrator as an import, as well as export to Flash for interactive flash-based applications.

Here's what I need to do:
Take my Adobe Illustrator vectors into C4D, make them 3D, create animations/environments for molecular based material (eg an HIV life cycle), export to Flash via the export function (or whatever is suggested) or export back into Illustrator or Photoshop.
In short, my client wants to take the current web site: www.hivwebstudy.org to a new level with dynamic flash animation and thereby create a library of models to use for multiple purposes.
We aren't looking for animations on the realistic level (eg gorgeous rendering/textures/etc). Just clean, vector models that are relatively pain-free to create, export to and interact within Flash-based applications. Think, double helixes, polygon-based viruses, rods and spheres. Following me so far?

I've received a good suggestion from a fellow medical illustrator that this is the application to go with over Strata and its Vector plug-in (another product I was researching). I've sort of toured the C4D offerings but I need your expertise and opinion to help me seal the deal on purchasing the software.

That said, has anyone used this application for export into Flash and if so, what has your experience been? Any samples/links are greatly appreciated.
Also, I'm savvy in Illustrator and Photoshop, and I'm a quick study in almost any application, but any idea of how long it generally takes to get up and running with this C4D?

And, if this should not be in this FAQ thread, my apologies.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Dave

02 February 2007
Originally Posted by redehlert: Hello,

Dave

Hi, you have some cool works

02 February 2007
lol...thanks city sound!
any chance that you can answer my humble questions?
cheers!
dave

03 March 2007
Hello,
I've been wondering if BodyPaint (any version at all) has something like Photoshop's heal/patch tool. I was watching Laurent Pierlot's creature texturing dvd the other day and I wasn't able to tell if he used something similar in BP to cover the seams of the bug's parts..
Thanks in advance

03 March 2007
Hi, currently it doesn't it just has a cloning brush/rubber stamp tool that can be set of course to different overlay modes, but that's all.

03 March 2007
I see.. it's a pity that such a great app still lacks a tool like that.. thank you Per-Anders

Thread Closed share thread