Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 02-27-2005, 05:45 PM   #46
flingster
cinema fan

flingster.
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryDXD
I've got my hotkeys working fairly well. It feels comfortable. One question. How do you apply multiple layers of a texture to an object. I've added a layer of roughness using FBM noise, now I'd like to add another layer on top of that. How is this accomplished?

in material channel...check up things like layer shader..works like photoshop stylie with ability to use more than one shader/image in for example colour channel or whichever...then there is old version which is fusion shader...also a nice filter channel.
you can also use more than one material on an object.
hope this helps a bit.

Henry Moore

Old 03-10-2005, 03:55 PM   #47
neutronic
Frequenter

ehy guys thanks a lot for all these inputs.
I still have some problem understanding coordinates system and pivots in cinema4D.
basically I can't get a way to have my obj switched from global to obj, and an easy
way to change pivot point. I use the W hotkey, but it does change nothing, also the
model and obj axis tools are a bit misteriuos to me even after tried and red the manual.

I have a cube I rotate it. now I wanna translate it on the global axis, not the obj axs...
I have a cube I wanna rotate it with a pivot on one of its vertex ...

can anyone show just his basic workflow for the aboves.

thank you in advance.

/n

Old 04-17-2005, 02:31 PM   #48
Gustaffo
Veteran

Guernsey, United Kingdom

Uploading images

I'm sure this is in this thread somewhere, but i can't find it! Maybe somebody could tell me- how do i upload an image to this website so people can see my work?

Old 05-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #49
nessjp
Know-it-All
USA

I have downloaded the demo today because I want to bite on the C4D for Lightwavers offer since SafeHarbor has it for $899.00, but I want to try it out first and I am having problems.

The demo will not let me even make a primitive or anything. The menus pull down, but then I cannot select within the pull down. Same with the Icon menu. It is not just creating items is is any pull down. The File menu, I can pull down, but then cannot select open or new or anything. If I use Ctrl + O to open a sample scene, then it opens and crashes.

I have a Quadro FX500 video card. I have tried the latest driver and then backtracked to an older driver (61.82) that is certified for Cinema 4D.

Is this a fault demo or something else other than my card or driver? If this is a Graphic card or driver I will probably not be able to buy C4D.

I run SolidWorks CAD for a living and this card is needed for using RealView shading display. I can use other cards for Solidworks but I do not need to nor do I want to. I also use LW, Modo, Maya, Rhino, Zbrush, Amapi and XSI with this card and have no problems. Things that have been fixed to work with these programs on later drivers will come back if I go o an older driver so maybe I will not get C4D if this is my card.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:37 AM   #50
nessjp
Know-it-All
USA

Another member here in another thread that I had on this helped me fix the problem.

If you are using a Wacom tablet as your main mouse, you need to switch to your pen rather than your mouse and go to Edit Preferences. In here, uncheck the "Use hi-Res Coordinates" box and then you can switch back to using your mouse again.

Old 05-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #51
behzad
Know-it-All

portfolio
Sean Jamshidi
Owner/Art Director
DesignFacet
Mississauga, Canada

your a good man, thanx

Old 02-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #52
rid
farid
animator
SCA
jakarta, Indonesia

problem with pauls hair plugin

hi, i have problem with pauls hair plugin. why i cannot render it in full/final render ?
thanks b4

Old 02-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #53
LucentDreams
lover of gophers

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Kai Pedersen
Lighting TD
Double Negative
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rid
hi, i have problem with pauls hair plugin. why i cannot render it in full/final render ?
thanks b4

Pauls hair plugin? as in paul everett? If its his, I don't knwo if it ever did render in the editor, and if it did, it liekly needed you to add a post effect. Its an open GL solution, and honestly never finished and extremly limited, I'd recommend the Hair module or Fast and Furious

Old 02-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #54
bradl45

Snapping, I've found the snapping tab, but can I assign snapping to hotkeys, so I can just hold a key if I want to grid snap, point snap, etc.

Thanks

Brad

Old 02-14-2006, 08:30 PM   #55
LucentDreams
lover of gophers

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Kai Pedersen
Lighting TD
Double Negative
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl45
Snapping, I've found the snapping tab, but can I assign snapping to hotkeys, so I can just hold a key if I want to grid snap, point snap, etc.

Thanks

Brad

only in 9.5 even then, unlike maya or max and such, the shortcuts are a bit more difficult as tou'ld ahve one to activate a specific type of snapping (2D,3D,2.5D) and then shortcuts to specificy what kind of snaps are supported, like to grid, to point etc. overall more control, but also more difficult. Easiest way in 9.5 is to use the P shortcut which brings up a snapping palette

Old 02-15-2006, 03:29 AM   #56
bradl45

Thanks for the tip

Brad

Old 02-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #57
Resist
Sen D.
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamT
Another little R9 tip:

When rotating the viewport hold down Shift to rotate around view center (instead of default roatate around active selection)--similar to Naam's Flexcam. Hold down Control to rotate the camera on its axis.

Hi,

I scaled my object and it looks like it needs a "center pvot" (i'm from Maya) to rotate around it. Where would that be ?

thx

Old 05-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #58
Srek
Some guy

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Björn Dirk Marl
Technical Design
Maxon Computer GmbH
Friedrichsdorf, Germany

Q & A on my website

Some Q & A regarding different CINEMA versions on OS X and Windows.
http://www.bonkers.de/cinema/cinema.html

Hope this helps
Björn

Old 09-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #59
S. J. Tubbrit
Artist
Steven J. Tubbrit
United Kingdom

Hi,

Would just like to say I found the F.A.Q. here very valuable, I learned a lot, and helped me to get into the basics of the package very quickly. So much appreciated, now to work through the quick start tutorials!

Within Maya, my previous package, I utilised 'A' or 'F' keyboard shortcuts to frame, or centre my current object or selection, is there equivalents in C4D ?

Regards

Old 09-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #60
LucentDreams
lover of gophers

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Kai Pedersen
Lighting TD
Double Negative
Vancouver, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. J. Tubbrit
Hi,

Would just like to say I found the F.A.Q. here very valuable, I learned a lot, and helped me to get into the basics of the package very quickly. So much appreciated, now to work through the quick start tutorials!

Within Maya, my previous package, I utilised 'A' or 'F' keyboard shortcuts to frame, or centre my current object or selection, is there equivalents in C4D ?

Regards

in the viewport's edit menu you will see the framing options available for cinema with their short cuts, you'll note most have two shortcuts, one using alt and one without ALT, the ALT key forces this framing fucntion to be applied to all four views instead of just the active viewport.

Frame Selected elements (s)
Frame active objects (o)
Frame Scene without Camera/Light (h)
Frame Scene
Frame Default

Thread Closed share thread