CV-Dynamic Connector

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  03 March 2018
CV-Dynamic Connector

Yes please! This is a fantastic addition.


https://www.cineversity.com/vidplay...connector_promo
 
  03 March 2018
Those guys are killing it lately, love it!
 
  03 March 2018
Great work Donovan!
__________________
Follow me on Twitter@nosemangr - Watch me on Noseman's Youtube Channel
 
  03 March 2018
Thanks for the kind words. I'm very excited to see what folks create while using it. Please share any images/videos of your experiments (or thoughts) to this thread!
 
  03 March 2018
Quick question:
Are the tools in the Cineversity Toolbox considered plugins and are they required on render farms such as Zync?
Thanks
__________________
www.scientiaviz.com
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by ScientiaViz: Quick question:
Are the tools in the Cineversity Toolbox considered plugins and are they required on render farms such as Zync?
Thanks

They are plugins; that's what allows them to be released piecemeal, and not as part of an official release. Render farms will need to have them installed, so you can either make it editable (as is seen briefly in the initial tutorial video) which makes all the dynamic connectors visible in the viewport, or you can bake out the whole animation as an alembic. 
 
  03 March 2018
Thanks Luke! That's what I thought.
Having fun already, Donovan!
Thanks
__________________
www.scientiaviz.com
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Donovan Keith: Thanks for the kind words. I'm very excited to see what folks create while using it. Please share any images/videos of your experiments (or thoughts) to this thread!

You are smoking!
__________________
C4D R19 Studio, MODO 902, VRAY, Octane, Cycles. PC/Mac.
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by ScientiaViz: Having fun already, Donovan!

Oh yeah, lots of uses for Scientific Visualization. I just used it to create a visualization of the Polymerization process and with the addition of a few spring objects I was able to even simulate cross-linked polymer chains. Try turning off gravity in your project and using particle forces, lots of happy accidents!
 
  03 March 2018
This is a very nice plugin, looks very intuitive, and really makes cinevercity boast its value, thankyou.

Dan
__________________
C4D R19 Studio, MODO 902, Zbrush 2018, Unfold3D 9,Marvelous Designer 7, Keyshot 6 pro.
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Donovan Keith: Thanks for the kind words. I'm very excited to see what folks create while using it. Please share any images/videos of your experiments (or thoughts) to this thread!

just a little limitation I have been running into - I canīt use a tracer in connect objects mode on CV Dynamic connector as I can using on a cloner with dynamic tag to get dynamic ropes etc.
Would be great if this could work with CV Dynamic connector as well ... 
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Lothar1952: just a little limitation I have been running into - I canīt use a tracer in connect objects mode on CV Dynamic connector as I can using on a cloner with dynamic tag to get dynamic ropes etc.
Would be great if this could work with CV Dynamic connector as well ... 

Hi Lothar, thanks for the feedback! I could be wrong, but after a bit of investigation, it doesn't seem there's anything I can do to add support for the Tracer object. It's got custom written support for Cloner objects, but not for generator objects in general. The tracer object would need to add support for virtual hierarchies (try using a tracer with an Array object for example - that doesn't work either), I don't think there's anything I can do on my end.
 
  03 March 2018
Originally Posted by Donovan Keith: Hi Lothar, thanks for the feedback! I could be wrong, but after a bit of investigation, it doesn't seem there's anything I can do to add support for the Tracer object. It's got custom written support for Cloner objects, but not for generator objects in general. The tracer object would need to add support for virtual hierarchies (try using a tracer with an Array object for example - that doesn't work either), I don't think there's anything I can do on my end.
thanks for your efforts  and information. At least cv dynamic connector is nice helper for such a setup. If I make it editable and trace the single objects, I can have a dynamic rope as desired
 
  03 March 2018
Very nice plugin Donovan, working with is really funny.
Not sure if my setup is wrong, but I think plugin in Box Edges mode donīt work corretly in case clones are cloned in Z direction instead of X (Y wasnīt tested yet) and cubes are slightly rotated/approximated in needed axis.





Better explained in attached scene

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncoch6qyf..._scene.zip?dl=0
 
reply share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright Đ2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.