straighten uv maps...?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

3 Weeks Ago
straighten uv maps...?

Hi,

Any idea how can I straighten curved uv in bodypaint....? I have to work in Photoshop over the uv.

Thanks.

3 Weeks Ago
It's actually a bit hard to make by native C4D tools I think. Have similar question here some time ago:http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=47&t=1462217
For now it just can be figured out by hard hand work or by plugins such as UVToolbox.
I've made a request to this (similar one) feature at Maxon's Suggestions and the more people will ask for it the more chances I believe that we'll get more better and modern tools for UVing.

3 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by iac: Hi,

Any idea how can I straighten curved uv in bodypaint....? I have to work in Photoshop over the uv.

Thanks.

Click your island. Choose UV Commands>Boundary to Quad. Then relax and resize as necessary.

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks E2GO, that I saw also, straighten feature not found.

xfon5168, nice idea but does not work.... after boundary, relaxing... island back to curved shape.

What about unfold 3d, 3d coat, headus uvlayout.....? does that have that straighten feature, anyone tried....?

Last edited by iac : 3 Weeks Ago at 08:37 AM.

3 Weeks Ago
Hi

I think I posted this in a previous thread
UV Vonc's Quad function will do this:

https://code.vonc.fr/?a=56

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks for that... I will give a try.

3 Weeks Ago
UV Vonc plugin can do this in 1 click

3 Weeks Ago
Hi,
can you show the poly mesh maybe? Because it could be a case for the uv peeler ...

3 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by iac: Thanks E2GO, that I saw also, straighten feature not found.

xfon5168, nice idea but does not work.... after boundary, relaxing... island back to curved shape.

What about unfold 3d, 3d coat, headus uvlayout.....? does that have that straighten feature, anyone tried....?

3D Coat and Unfold 3D (or at least Maya's integrated version) can straighten UV's.

3 Weeks Ago
Thanks bentraje for update.

UV Vonc plugin and i think affordable.

3 Weeks Ago
Worth checking out Seamilartoo. There's a good thread on C4Dcafe about it and I just picked it up last week - recommended.

reply share thread