New hard surface modelling plugin - Looking for beta testers!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

2 Weeks Ago
The first Alpha release is ready for everybody to try out!

Below a demo video to show you the basics

Check out the product page here

Here an example of something we created with this new tool

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: Ah, so it's really a user interface plugin rather than the introduction of a new boolean algorithm.
That seems to sum it up. There certainly may be some utility, but with limitationns.

The results with complex or rounded shapes will suffer the same limitation as the old-fashioned boole.

2 Weeks Ago
With this plugin, you jump some steps.
You don't need to make a boolean object, select intersection active, create a Bevel object, put the bevel object and boolean object in a group, enter "I" in bevel object.
It can be very boring with a lot of sub-objects.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by lenogre01: With this plugin, you jump some steps.
You don't need to make a boolean object, select intersection active, create a Bevel object, put the bevel object and boolean object in a group, enter "I" in bevel object.
It can be very boring with a lot of sub-objects.

Yes. I can see how it can speed the work flow, do doubt. Nice work.

2 Weeks Ago
So I might be misunderstanding: when you say "try it out" and that it's an "alpha"... is it a free download currently? Usually alpha = still in development, free to download and test but there will be bugs.

Or are you releasing the alpha as a pay product? From the looks of the site, the latter but I could be missing something. Overall it looks pretty cool / like something I would like to try.

[never mind - from the manual it looks like this is a 1.0 product not an alpha, so logically... not free. Will be interested to see what others create with this / see some videos of more complex projects.]

Last edited by Blinny : 2 Weeks Ago at 11:11 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by IceCaveMan: That seems to sum it up. There certainly may be some utility, but with limitationns.

The results with complex or rounded shapes will suffer the same limitation as the old-fashioned boole.
This part put me down, I am looking for a new boole option inside C4D for years with no luck, on my day to day job I use boole tools for modeling and animation and since this is only a new interface and time saver it doesn't give me anything new to my arsenal, I usually put the boole object inside a null with a bevel deformer with an angle threshold or "I" selection.
In my experience with very complicated boole operations this method eventually will explode as any other boole.

I am only writing this regarding only my thoughts on not trying to move someone away from trying this plugin, it looks very easy to use and a big time saver to someone that is using complicated bollean operation

2 Weeks Ago
Just messing around with the pluginThanks everybody for the support.

Many of you really like to workflow of this tool and we are determined to improve it further.

Last edited by TheGreatSummit : 2 Weeks Ago at 04:21 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Is there any improvement for boolean operations converting the object to OpenSubD's?

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by Bullit: Is there any improvement for boolean operations converting the object to OpenSubD's?
No, working with SDS is still not really possible. We are working on our own boolean algorithm that hopefully will fix this.

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by TheGreatSummit: No, working with SDS is still not really possible. We are working on our own boolean algorithm that hopefully will fix this.
Great new, looking forward for a better boolean tool.
Hope to be in the next beta version testers

1 Week Ago
We just released version 1.5. We added support for Mograph and further optimised the workflow.

Check out this demo video:
Video Demo

Some new artwork created with the Meshboolean, more on this in the video.

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by TheGreatSummit: No, working with SDS is still not really possible. We are working on our own boolean algorithm that hopefully will fix this.

Another interesting option would be to R&D a subdivision operator that can work AROUND bad geometry, such as that created by boolean operations and other modeling interventions

If you can create that, make it work and patent the new subdivision method, you are probably looking at something worth faaar more money than a better Boolean plugin.

There's dozens of 3D softwares that might license such a new, better SubD method, not just C4D.

1 Week Ago
This looks great.

Im wondering however, if the tool utilizes C4ds built in boolean functions, is it any different than Cineversity Boole Tools?
ie: workflow speedups rather than a new boolean system.

https://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/cv-boole_tools

Sorry if this has already come up before!

reply share thread