Cineware for Illustrator

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by mitchino: as someone who makes a large part of my living from producing cgi packaging and product renders for design and branding agencies, I'm worried this will be a nail in my coffin...

At the moment, you may not have too much to worry about. I just installed the plugin, and it doesn't seem to work. According to the quickstart videos, there should be a 3D workspace available after installation, but there isn't. Also, the quickstart videos say that you can open or place C4D files within Illustrator, but Illustrator informs me that the format isn't recognized. I confirmed that I'm using the latest version of illustrator CC, and I'm on the latest version of R19, but I can't get it to work for me. Anyone else tried it? 

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by RonStoppable: I confirmed that I'm using the latest version of illustrator CC, and I'm on the latest version of R19, but I can't get it to work for me. Anyone else tried it? 

When starting Illustrator on both Mac and Windows, I get the prompt: "Error loading plugins. cinewareforillustrator.aip"

I'm using CS6, so I figured the plugin doesn't work with my version.

1 Week Ago
Requires minimum CC2015 so CS6 wouldn’t work, but latest CC should work fine. 
If nothing shows up something probably went wrong with the installation. 

1 Week Ago
I still can't get it to work on my PC (Windows 7 - no issues with any other programs that I'm aware of). I've uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it with no luck. I then uninstalled it and Illustrator CC, then reinstalled them both with no luck. It shows as installed in the control panel, and I can see in Illustrator under Windows>Extensions references to Cineware's attributes, materials, render settings, and scene structure, but no 3D workspace and no ability to load a C4D file. Maybe I'll uninstall both again and try again tomorrow. 

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by RonStoppable: I still can't get it to work on my PC (Windows 7 - no issues with any other programs that I'm aware of). I've uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it with no luck. I then uninstalled it and Illustrator CC, then reinstalled them both with no luck. It shows as installed in the control panel, and I can see in Illustrator under Windows>Extensions references to Cineware's attributes, materials, render settings, and scene structure, but no 3D workspace and no ability to load a C4D file. Maybe I'll uninstall both again and try again tomorrow. 
Hi Ronstoppable,
let me see if I can help..... Some questions and things to check :
1. Version of Illustrator in use?
2. Is Illustrator installed on your main disk, on Windows typically this is C:\
3. Is it under 'Program Files\Adobe' etc, or have yo relocated it?
4. During the installation process the installer says where it plans to install the MAXON CINEWARE AI folder. Can you copy that path and post it in this thread? Let's ensure its found Illustrator where it really is.
5. Then it has correctly placed MAXON CINEWARE AI in the Plugins folder with Illustrator, see if there is a CinewareForIllustrator.aip file and it is marked as executable. Right click and look at properties on the file.

That should tell me a great deal.
The fact that use see the menus means the CEP panel component has been installed, that's a start. Can you see a '3D' workspace under your workspace menu? Would be good to know that went in OK too.

Well get it sorted soon enough. Sorry it didn't work straight off for you.
R

1 Week Ago
Ralphmce - Thanks for your help! Before responding, I decided to go through your questions first to see if I could find the issue based on what you asked. I was able to get it working. The problem was (my fault), I didn't read where it was installing the plugin. I have the CS6 Master Suite installed, which I use regularly, and I pay month to month for CC because sometimes I may go months at a time without using those programs. (I'm still having an internal fight about using CS6 over subscription services. ) When I reinstalled the plugin, I checked the path and it was installing to my Illustrator CS6 version, not the CC version. Once I corrected that user error, everything works. Thanks again. I appreciate it!

1 Week Ago
Originally Posted by RonStoppable: Ralphmce - Thanks for your help! Before responding, I decided to go through your questions first to see if I could find the issue based on what you asked. I was able to get it working. The problem was (my fault), I didn't read where it was installing the plugin. I have the CS6 Master Suite installed, which I use regularly, and I pay month to month for CC because sometimes I may go months at a time without using those programs. (I'm still having an internal fight about using CS6 over subscription services. ) When I reinstalled the plugin, I checked the path and it was installing to my Illustrator CS6 version, not the CC version. Once I corrected that user error, everything works. Thanks again. I appreciate it!
Well that's a result! Glad you got it working. 
R

6 Days Ago
I had to remove Cineware, Illustrator became instable even without using the plugin. Did anyone have the same issue? (Windows 10, Illustrator 2017.1) 

6 Days Ago
Yes, same issue here using Illustrator 2017.1.0 under Windows 8.1.

Illustrator freezes at least once every hour. Cineware isn't being used and its workspace isn't active.

I've reported the issue (feedback link at the bottom of the page) :
https://www.maxon.net/en/products/c...or-illustrator/

Last edited by Darter : 6 Days Ago at 11:56 PM.

5 Days Ago
Originally Posted by Darter: Yes, same issue here using Illustrator 2017.1.0 under Windows 8.1.

Illustrator freezes at least once every hour. Cineware isn't being used and its workspace isn't active.

I've reported the issue (feedback link at the bottom of the page) :
https://www.maxon.net/en/products/c...or-illustrator/
Hi David,
I replied to your email to us but it was bounced back for some reason, so I'll replying via this thread.

firstly thanks for taking the time to report this issue. Seeing as we have not had this reported before during the beta phase I need to ask some dull questions :
1. Can I get the brief specs of the machine, how many CPUs, Graphics Card, do you have any non-default settings for the GPU usage in Illustrator?
2. Can you give an idea of the kind of work you do in Illustrator, its an adaptable application and people use it in diverse ways, so you maybe you are using it in a fashion no one tested the plugin with before.
3. If you have a 'typical' project that exhibited the problem, would it be possible to send us a copy? You could of course exclude any copyrighted graphics. Just somewhere to start testing this would be a huge help.
4. Do you update Illustrator regularly?
5. Is Illustrator run off your local C: drive or off a network drive?
Thanks in advance and sorry you are experiencing difficulty with Cineware.

I recommend you reply directly to the Maxon email address.
Kond Regards
Maxon

reply share thread